RC Competitor

traxxas slash better tires?

i have a traxxas slash 2x4 and its brushed i live in minnesota and in the winter i need better tires fpr the snow what kind a tires should i get, but i also dont want to wear them down right away.
    thanks

RC Racer
    I don't see much mention about snow specific tires, (you'd think your BFG M/T's would be good?), but something obviously agressive would work! Have you checked Proline/JConcepts/AKA tires?
    Slash VXL 2wd Greg Adler
    Rustler VXL-5
    CRF 450 R

RC Competitor
    well i dont like the stock tires and im just looking for something real aggressive. i have not looked at them but i will sertianly look at them.

RC Qualifier
    The stampede wheels are very good! They have lasted way longer than my stockers and are tougher!

RC Competitor
    get some prolines and bead locks

RC Qualifier
    there was a post up here a few months back and there was a few members making chains for their slashes with some good results .

RC Racer
    Trenchers are good off-road tires. I have them and Mix&Match them with the stock tires, depending on the application. I put the same wheels on the Trenchers that I had on the Stock, so I can mix and match and they look the same. They definitley improved my traction in tall grass and mud over all stock. I heard that the tread wears quick, when you run them on all pavement, but I don't do that so, not sure.

thx
    2wd Slash MMP/3800kv/Savox1258tg

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    there was a post up here a few months back and there was a few members making chains for their slashes with some good results .
    on snow obviously

these should help you get thru those long minisota winters ... check this out

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...=&part_id=9775
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ins+snow+tires
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-17-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Adapters

Wheels

Tires

Should fit the bill for an 'aggressive' setup.

RC Racer
    Trubble has the right idea but the Trenchers are a great ready-made bolt on tire.
    And the Trenchers are GREAT in wet heavy snow. (Its okay, I know, I live in Canada, eh)
    In the loose fluffy crap, nothing works well - not even paddles!
    Waffles!

RC Competitor
    I have the trenchers and the have worked verry well in the snow but before when i had stock tirers i made snow chains for it and it worked FANTASTIC!!! it improved my traction 100%

RC poster
    I live in Minnesota to and had the same issue so I got the proline badlands 2.2 and they work the best for 1-4 inches of snow and sometimes a bit more depending if u have brushless

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Geeze, snow is a challenge. I'll take the Slash out in a light dusting, but I don't get anywhere in deep snow.

Like weswins, in fluffy snow I can't make any progress, even with the revo at full ride height.

A simple way to make "chains" is to run zip ties through the rims. Works ok...

lol, thats an old picture, I still got stock tires on it!

A couple years ago I was playing around with making splash guards to keep the show off the chasis...

Never really did work.... at least not for snow.

You wouldn't think that much would get through....

Last edited by cooleocool; 05-19-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    For snow I would say if it is powdery use some sand paddles like proline sand paws or the SC paddles. You could also try proline badlands. For hard packed I would recommend making snow chains. You could also try adding some more weight to the car with the chains to help them dig in. Here is a tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21hebGM8wWM
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    ok thanks for all the sugestions

RC Racer
    Chains work GREAT but the loose fluffy junk is impossible to drive on - even with a boat style front end!

I apologize for the bulryness but its hard to take a picture with a DSLR while driving.
    Waffles!

RC poster
    I just put some crawler tires today with rpm revolver wheels. Spacing made it rub a little. I saw no major problems. But the height helped it go anywhere and it wheelies in the yard grass now. It also looks bad*****. It goes thru woods now and doesn't want to get stuck.
    Of corse I had these kicking around. In the rear only it still goes pretty good. I think it looks great. I am raising body mounts soon and I will report back. I am hesitant to trim body

RC Racer
    do the axial scx10 wheels and tires work good on a slash?i know the work good in the mud,dirt and sometires the snow but ofcourse they they were on the scx10 at the time, i would say they are good for the slash, good in snow if there is no wheel weights and if you do not cut the foams.

RC Competitor
    well i got the 2.8 trenchers and they are........... AMAZING!!!! increased traction 150%