Thread: Upgrading help!

RC poster

Upgrading help!

Hey guys, just got my e-revo brushless 3 days ago, and have maimed it twice now. The first was the front left suspension arm (upper) as well as my spur gear. I replaced them, then the next day I broke a drive shaft. Im now waiting for the replacement to come in the mail (I've ordered the steel driveshafts).

I am wondering if it is beneficial to change the car over to steel/aluminum. I know about the whole transferring the strain over to another part, but if I was to change most or all of the revo over wouldn't that technically be better? Which is the best way to go? Integy, RPM or other?

Is there anybody else out there who has done this already? What are the pros & cons? I love taking my car out for a bash. Will it withstand impacts well?

Help is much appreciated.

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    That helps, but hes doing alot more changesto the car than i want to do. I just want to know if anybody has changed the main parts that will snap when going out for a good bash.

Also i noticed a clicking sound when driving. The car still drives fine but i am wondering if this is an issue. It seems to be comming from the trans...

RC Qualifier
    Check gears for missing teeth or rocks.

IMHO, integy = junk. I'd go rpm for their warranty. Plus, the whole transfer of impact forces thing. Plastic flexes and return to shape. Metal bends and stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New truck? Prob the diff breaking in. After a few runs take them apart & shim, to tighten up the gear mesh.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Diff-Shim-Mod

I am wondering if it is beneficial to change the car over to steel/aluminum. What are the pros & cons? No Makes if heavy as can be.####
    Like stated, make the center of the truck as solid as possible & keep outer parts plastic. So they (A Arms) will absorb the impact during a crash. JMO unless you are building a Maxx you don't need any alum, some pep like it Up to you..
    Next mod I would do this.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ds-for-bracing
    Last edited by 87 GN; 09-03-2011 at 04:53 AM.

RC poster
    thanks 87 GN, that explains things. Just still wondering as to the whole point of shims. I am fairly new to this. what does it do? just the better handling? does it help durability? bracing mod looks pretty good. at the moment im planning to get some rpm arms and possibly a roll cage.

just opened up the trans deerhurst. turns out that one of the gears had a half a tooth that literally turned to dust. I'm just about to order a replacement. there's flecks throughout the trans, as well as a fine metallic powder. Im going to have to clean it all out. do you know a good oil to re-lubricate the insides?

Umm the gears are plastic correct, but one I think. Is the metal from a bearing. No oil use a bit of grease.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...922029-SumRevo
    Last edited by 87 GN; 09-03-2011 at 06:50 AM.

RC poster
    well not all. this is the damaged one.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKP6&P=7

OK that is odd, trans are usually not the weak link.

Speaking of links Rule #11 no links. HA it will get deleted. Time it:

Just still wondering as to the whole point of shims. I am fairly new to this. what does it do? just the better handling? does it help durability? bracing mod looks pretty good. at the moment im planning to get some rpm arms and possibly a roll cage.
    The shims help the diffs last longer..
    Last edited by 87 GN; 09-03-2011 at 07:12 AM.

RC poster
    okay, thanks very much for the help, and patience.

I am still a newboobie: You have some time look thru AOD's links a wealth of info. They are posted here & there... You have a good start you have pulled the trans & took it apart.

RC poster
    Taking it apart is the easy part. Putting it back together is when well find out if im any good at this. Also are aluminum diffs and/or bulkheads preferable?

Only one company makes alum bulks ( integy) I think it is , just came out couple months ago. Not much feed back yet.
    You could do this LST2 mod: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post3868456