RC Enthusiast

Very Unhappy with my E-revo

So I purchased it about 6 or 7 weeks ago. About 3 weeks ago my E-revo just locked into hard left turn and would not turn any other direction. I took it to the local hobby shop and he said my receiver broke so I called traxxas and they sent me another. Once I got it the local hobby shop guy charged me $10 to put it in and resync the controller. It worked great again. Yesterday I went to drive it and I noticed the tires turned fully left and only about 25% right. I thought that perhaps it was sterring trim and attempted to trim it out. The Trim nob made no difference at all. My batteries where low so I took it inside to charge. Today I decided to check it out again and the second it turned it on the steering went hard left and locked in that position again. (exact problem as 3 weeks ago).

What is going on?

Did I purchase a lemon?

This really SUCKS!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-08-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Language

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by david6789 View Post
    So I purchased it about 6 or 7 weeks ago. About 3 weeks ago my E-revo just locked into hard left turn and would not turn any other direction. I took it to the local hobby shop and he said my receiver broke so I called traxxas and they sent me another. Once I got it the local hobby shop guy charged me $10 to put it in and resync the controller. It worked great again. Yesterday I went to drive it and I noticed the tires turned fully left and only about 25% right. I thought that perhaps it was sterring trim and attempted to trim it out. The Trim nob made no difference at all. My batteries where low so I took it inside to charge. Today I decided to check it out again and the second it turned it on the steering went hard left and locked in that position again. (exact problem as 3 weeks ago).

What is going on?

Did I purchase a lemon?

This really SUCKS!
    Sounds like a dud radio- you arent driving in water or through puddles etc?

I would recommend dealing directly with traxxas though, you can easily reset the radio and servos yourself just by reading the manual ( yes, really; shocking idea I know... ) instead of paying someone $10 to press a button for you.

If you like the truck but it;s just the radio issue bugging you, upgrade; there are loads of cheap 2.4ghz radios out there which work brilliantly, from as little as ~$25-35 ( hobbypartz.com ) or use the search button and look for radio related threads for upgrade ideas and opinions.

@trebreeden- STOP SPAMMING.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-08-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    I would advise you to get a cheap spare traxxas servo like the one wich is in it right now, and get ur hands on a flysky fsgt3b rx/tx. Even jangs says this is better than a lot of big budget aftermarket stuff

RC Racer
    Definitely talk with Traxxas. Their tech support team is great. You can call them and they will walk you through the steps to re-sync your radio if needed, forget the $10 guy. But give Traxxas a chance, I'm sure they'll make it right.

RC Enthusiast
    ya don't sweat the small stuff. You'll get it fixed man. Probably something simple. Keep the truck.

RC Champion
    david 6789 don't worry have you tried removing the servos and their horns. Then turn the car on and allow the servos to centre themselves and then reconnect them so the wheels face straight. If this does not work call traxxas.
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL