Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Question Thomas Pīs Stampede 4x4 x 4s Lipo

Yes..thats the Q..i have only owned one Traxxas car erlier, and that was one of the first Revo 1/16 in Sweden ( http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4073766 ) and that one was a REAL good car..it held up for almost everything..but im racing 1/16 cars only today, but i miss some hardcore bashing!!

So, the Stampede 4x4, does it held up for some power?

If i am buying the 4x4, what is the MUST upgrade for it to take some power

Al info, or link would be real greatfull

I was thinking of, 2,3s or maybe 4s lipo, sandpaws an all 4 corners, or Masher2000

can you help me?

Best regards Thomas
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Qualifier
    Only thing you have to upgrade is the CVD'S. The diffs are the same as a Revo and handle way more power than a MERV could ever handle.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Thank you DC, sounds great

Are there any special rims for this one to..i do not remeber, or does any, "larger" 12mm hex rims fit ? same rear and front ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P View Post
    Thank you DC, sounds great

Are there any special rims for this one to..i do not remeber, or does any, "larger" 12mm hex rims fit ? same rear and front ?
    There aren't many rims that work on the Stampede at the moment. It has a large front suspension design which requires 2.8" or larger wheels. You can run almost any short course type 2.2"/3" wheel and stock 2.8" wheel. Proline is just about to release a new 2.8" wheel!!! The only 2.2" wheel known to work are the RPM Revolver Wide offset rock crawling wheels due to their enormous amount of offset. I actually love the extra offset, it makes the truck much more stable so that's the wheels I'm currently running.

You could also install 17mm adapters and run 17mm hex wheels.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you want to run 3S or 4S youll need to look into a better power system. The Castle MMP/SCT 2400 combo can handle 3S all day long and 4S if you wanted. It takes a small bit of chassis modding (nothing major, just removing some plastic) to get it to fit but IMO its the best 3S or higher setup you can run in this truck and will blow your mind in terms of power. Its worth it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Thanks you all for this input, just ordering a truck =) MMP - 4600 motor and some 4s lipos

tower or amain do not have the MIPs...any idea where they can be bought? RPM parts ?

RC Racer
    Thanks you all for this input, just ordering a truck =) MMP - 4600 motor and some 4s lipos

tower or amain do not have the MIPs...any idea where they can be bought? RPM parts ?
    That is a very poor motor choice for the Stampede 4x4. You will likely experience overheating similar to the stock VXL system if not worse, and for it to work at all, you would have to gear it VERY low. With a 4600 I'd start off with a 9-tooth pinion (the smallest they make that I know of) and even then you'd still have to cross your fingers and pray.

The two main motor choices for the Stampede 4x4 are the Castle 3800kv and the Castle 2400kv, the later actually comes in a combo with the MMP. Both of those motors are 4-pole motors and have the torque required for a larger vehicle such as the stampede.

That 4600kv motor would be a good choice for something like a really light 2wd buggy or stadium truck. There are more factors than just the KV when it comes to a motor, and generally speaking, it's the lower KV motors you should be looking for to get the power you need for a truck like the stampede. KV is only one factor in speed, with the right battery and gearing the 2400kv can be faster than the 4600kv would ever dream of.

And you want to run the 4600kv on 4s? You're in for a big surprise...
    Last edited by GotNoRice; 05-08-2011 at 12:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for the old words, i have read thru all anwsers one more time, and i will get the SCT2400 system..

What pinions do i have to get for this car? 32,mod1,48P etc 3.17mm 5mm ?

EDIT: I have only found MIP Rears for this car..slash 4x4 front fit?

Got the Car, Rolling NIB (no el,tires or body for 200 inkl shipping to Sweden)
    Got the 2400 system from amain för 260 inkl shipping to Sweden

Still waiting for some nice help from you guys regarding the MIPs..will the SLASH 4x4 fit the ST 4x4? front? the rear one does

So, i got the

Proline 50 cab lid
    Prolines badlands
    RPMs wide
    MIPS X HD on all 4 corners

What pinions do i need, to get this beast fly..on 3 and 4s lipo..

1 x MIP10132 MIP Front X-DUTY CVD Kit (Slash 4x4) $61.99
    1 x MIP10130 MIP Rear X-DUTY CVD Kit (Slash/Slash 4x4) $61.99
    1 x CSEC0091 Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro 1/10 Scale Short Course Brushless Package (2400kV) $229.99
    1 x PRO3255-00 Pro-Line Early 50'S Chevy Pickup Body (Stampede) $21.99
    2 x PRO1144-00 Pro-Line Badlands 2.2" M2 All Terrain Tires (2) $31.98
    2 x RPM82233 RPM "Revolver" Wide Base Crawler Wheels (Chrome) (2) $15.18
    1 x TRA6747 Traxxas 32P Pinion Gear (11T) $3.29
    1 x TRA3946 Traxxas 32P Pinion Gear, 16T $2.99
    1 x TRA3944 Traxxas 32P Pinion Gear, 14T $2.99
    1 x RRP1200 Robinson Racing 5mm To 1/8" Reducer Sleeve $3.69
    1 x TRA6727X Traxxas Multi-Cell Battery Hold Down Set $5.49
    1 x TRA6777 Traxxas Wheelie Bar Mount/Rear Skidplate Set (Black) $5.49
    1 x TRA6715 Traxxas Front Body Mount Set $3.69
    1 x TRA3945 Traxxas 32P Pinion Gear, 15T $2.99
    1 x TRA3655X Traxxas Suspension Arms $9.25
    Spec.
    Minimum Capacity: 4500mAh
    Configuration: 4S1P / 14.8v / 4Cell
    Constant Discharge: 30C
    Peak Discharge (10sec): 40C
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-18-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: merge

Be aware that the battery tray is pretty small, I would check dimensions. Also 4s is gonna be quite beastly. Might consider 3s as your everyday driver.
    I would do RPM arms, front and rear.

Did you get 5mm pinions? I would just go for 1/8, save alot of money, and I'm not a fan of any type of reducer.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for all bump, but i am so glad...did found that the local dealer had all the RPM parts for the Stampede in stock..so now the car is almost done

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Great setup. I run my pede with the 2400 motor geared 18/54 on 3 but that may be just a bit high. the gearing options you've purchased should allow you to run all day with no issues.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    Be aware that the battery tray is pretty small, I would check dimensions.
    The battery tray is small? Isn't it the same size as the battery tray of the Slash 4x4?
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

The battery tray is small? Isn't it the same size as the battery tray of the Slash 4x4?
    Not even close.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    This 4s lipos have the same dimension as the IB 5600 2s lipo (not hight)

thanks for all help guys, il be posting later

every part are shipped...besides the lipos.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-18-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    You have a nice set up in the works. I find the 2400 combo to be smooth as butter, I'm running 3s and really think its an awsome motor for torque and speed.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Sounds real good, q is are the Bandlads any good...maybe the Masher2000 is the key to have fun in the gravelpit?

What bigbore from traxxas fit the car and what type of Proli e powerstroke shocks can be fitted? They have slash and longer ones

Maybe im loosing it ..ordered a set of IMEX Claws, like DC, RPM Wide Clawz, Jconcept Ford Raptor SVT, Sponsordecals from Parma..

Looked over my sons truck, and ofcourse i missed a set of Sandpaws for my 4x4..just ordered them and revolver wide + more decals..
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-18-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Maybe im loosing it ..ordered a set of IMEX Claws, like DC, RPM Wide Clawz, Jconcept Ford Raptor SVT, Sponsordecals from Parma..
    You should have asked me first for the Claws..I would have sold them to you. They were OK but didn't have enough traction for me.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks DC, i just think they look awsome...i have the badlands and the Paws

First order just arrived to Sweden..customs, i hope i get it tomorrow or Monday...still no car...i guess, next week, end of it...tons of orders that will drop in...since i will move, i will not have any time yet to build and so..

Update..

Me like that motor!!

Just missing some small parts...bulletcon for the lipo,and some other stuff..

Some stuff mounted..

Last edited by cooleocool; 05-17-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    So i have finaly tested this car..today, first run..I have been running a lot of cars thrue the years now, and this one, is with out a doubt the most powerfull car i ever have tested ......there is no word actually for it..it is inzane!! and the best, the tranny holds up...thank you Traxxas for this

This thread makes me want to buy one even more...and I've really wanted one from the get-go!

Enjoy the truck!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Sounds good CC,Thats my goal to get people interested. why dont you just get one :-) for your self

I would, but I am in the process of rebuilding my fleet (I currently have 9 vehicles!). Maybe someday. The Stampede platform is my all-time favorite (my first hobby class R/C was an E-Stampede 11 years ago)...I suspect that I will pick a 4x4 Stampede up sooner or later.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Sounds great, let us know then CC :-)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have own several traxxas vehicles, and the pede was the last I thought was getting, I love this truck nice build Thomas.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks RC-Fan...small update today..passed by the LHS..and did find some REAL BB shocks..app 100 dollars, 2 sets of pistons, and 2 sets of spring was included.. it is front shocks for a 1/8 buggy..it is app 3 mm shorter then rear stock, and app 4 longer then front, but it will fit my style, outer on front arm will be perfect, and inner on rear

And then i tired the truck on my lunch (bought shocks later)..on gravel,tarmack....it is inzane..and so fun...what a CAR

RC Qualifier
    Depending on the shock's compressed length you can also internally limit the front 4mm and use the stock holes. Also on the rear you can unscrew the lower mount a bit to get a bit more length or replace with longer ones

RC Qualifier
    Yep, thats true DC..il be finishing thoose tomorrow...now it is time for a cold one

RC Qualifier
    So i have mounted them..they fits perfect, and are real BigBore shocks..i have not tuned the shocks to the point where i likeém..but almost.

Fronts

Rear

My Stampede "Ford Raptor" 4x4 and my Sons Ansman "Chevy 72" Maqnum 2wd

RC Qualifier
    Shocks look GREAT!!! Even better then mine

RC Qualifier
    Now that sounds great m8. ;-)

Thank you

Did the cover mod for the centre-shaft like Airmax showed..

Last edited by cooleocool; 05-22-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: merge

Since I also live in Europe (my great granddad was even Swedish!) and know what the prices are compared to the US, that truck must have cost you quite some krones...
    Awesome truck...

I think I just became a member of the "I want one too!!!!" club
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks m8, o yes, it was not free ...app little over 1000$ all this costed me, and i must say, it was with out a doubt one of my best spend money..the truck is..inzane, with the setup i have, and best of all, it is fun,and hold up..

RC Qualifier
    Lost my crosspin in the CVD(MIP) UPS ordered some spares last mond, arraived Thursday at the UPS central (wrong adress) so il get them this monday at their new location...soon more movies :-)

RC Champion
    Thanks m8, o yes, it was not free ...app little over 1000$ all this costed me, and i must say, it was with out a doubt one of my best spend money..the truck is..inzane, with the setup i have, and best of all, it is fun,and hold up..
    Very nice setup and pede man Looks awesome.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    Thanks you Stephan, it is fun, a empty hole to put money in ...Just recived some more RPM rims,RPM Bumper(not sur eif it will be mounted), RPM stickers,Traxxas Sponsor stickers, 2 Spurgears, clear gearcover,Kings Headz MM,Bushing for slipper,Motor plate...and the best, after some real work (have to go inside the Swedish "head airport") to visit UPS...well well, now i got some extra MIP parts...sad this will not be mounted until next week..middle in a Moving to a new apartment =)

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Tomas p I just finally got mine up and running, with a much milder setup(1800kv castle/mmp 4s), and it is indeed an awesome experience. Your truck must really haul the mail... How is your stability with the 2.2's? All I have is 2.8's and I like the look of the 2.2's better.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Rag they do the job good on gravel and grass etc, maybe little unstable spec with 2400 and 4s lipo..:-) you are right this car is a beast, i like my car better with the badlands but it is ok with the paws.

Id say masher2k or badlands on rpm wide crawlwr rims

i hope i am right here..but this is a Bashing/monstertruck car..The handling should not be perfect..But just to run the car, or maybe only change Oil and spring cant be the best.

This is how i do it..regardless car.

I love bashing, i have always..but there is racing in my blood, and therefore a natural thing is to "setup" a car...Basher or a racer i do not care. Why have you to adapt to the car?

I always setup my cars, now i have not tuned my 4x4 to the point where i am pleased, i still have to much pack in the front.

Buggy or MT, the princip is the same.

This is the guide i always use, heīs tip are outstandning, and he is the creator of this sheet.

Elvoīs setup guide then hit Quick reference guide
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-01-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    The truck have been working sick hard, got some movies up on my tube-chanel just seak for ThomasP74.... I got a new session today, the imex working good but wobble way to much...they look good but thats it,

Before hitting the throttle :-)

After

RC Champion
    Ur truck is a beast! Lookin clean too, as far as your set-up. What is the center mod you spoke of from airmax? Do you know where I could find the link?
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Dr.J..it is a beast, i have been beating it real hard.. can see in the Vid section for Pede 4x4..some serious full throttle runs..and jumps..last session i stripped rear wheel (left)..impressed that the revolvers hold up so good as they did..

pic on the mod

pic from last hardcore bash-sesion