Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Two 2S in parallel is OK.

Voltage = speed.
    Two stock NiMh packs fully charged and ran in parallel are right around 9 volts. Two fully charged 2S LiPo packs are 8.4 volts. So, on paper the NiMh are faster... but in the real world the LiPo holds a more consistent voltage throughout the run and is able to deliver more amperage. More amperage equates to more punch.
    Ok so,2x2s parallel lipo's should have the brushed mini slash performing better than with 2x8.4v nimh battery packs,thats what you're saying? Do i have to worry the lipo's will stress the brushed motor a lot more than the nimh set-up would....in other words,is the parallel lipo worth it? Thanks for the help,i've just started to get into this again after years without a car and lipo's have changed the hobby soooo much. Cheers:-)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Better performance, yes... but slightly slower for the first few minutes of the run.

I have never, not even once, heard anyone regret going LiPo. The best advice I can give is to do your research before you buy anything... and to buy the best charger you can possibly afford. Cheap chargers usually cost more in the long run.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Hello People,
    I have the older brushed MERV (T380 engine) and would like to convert it to the Titan 550 version - can I ask those of you who done it for a complete list of the needed parts and their part numbers? I get conflicting answers...

Thanks!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    $8 Motor Plate (7380)
    $4 Gear Cover/Hardware (7379)
    $10 Motor Mount (7360)
    $10 Rx Cover (7024x)
    And the appropriate motor.

This is a picture of the difference in Rx covers:

New style (for big block) is on top.
    Unless you have an OLD 16th, you probably have the new style box.

-OR-

Traxxas V380 ~$30
    Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 ~$60
    Sidewinder 3 ESC adapter harness for Traxxas Velineon 380 motor ~$20
    Castle Creations Field Link ~$25

Then you would have nearly a maintenance free power system that is de-tunable to have about the same power as your current setup and have the ability to adjust the power to grow with you.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.