RC Enthusiast

upgraded shocks -

i have a 1/16 slash vxl. my stock shocks are completely dead. does anyone know of some good upgrade shocks that will improve handling and stability?

RC Champion
    I have lots of information on this in my thread in my signature.
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Racer
    I put the traxxas aluminum shock bodies and titanium shafts in mine. Was more expensive than other options, but shock action is glorious, they don't leak anymore, and it was an easy time to swap to slightly heavier shock oil and springs. That's my recommendation.
    'Brushless...RCs Magnacharger'

RC Competitor
    Get the exotek big bores. Really good shocks and well made. It offers more of a plush feel and handles jumps like a dream. That said I also have the traxxas GTR shock which are also really good.

RC Champion
    Never mind, signature is different.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas gtr's seem good as that was my choice and so far so good.
    MERV│
    ▓═▀▀▀═▓
    MAMBA MAX

RC Enthusiast
    did you get the pack of 4 assembled shocks or just the shock bodies and then rebuilt them?

RC Racer
    I'm planning on getting the assembled shocks seeing how I did massive damage to my front end the other day and ended up blowing the 2 front shocks apart among other things. :S Heard nothing but good things about them minus the price.
    Merv soon to be a mako
    1/8 E revo

RC Qualifier
    I build my stock shocks up to GTR shocks with replacement parts, I just finished installing the TiN shafts 30 minutes ago and I think it made the biggest difference from replacing the old scuffed-up shafts with bent ends, but the aluminum bodies also made a big improvement. I'm going to take the super expensive route and buy GPM shocks later so I can put the aluminum collar, cap and rod ends on my GTR shocks and have spare shocks built out of the remainder so if a shaft breaks while I'm out driving I can switch out shocks in a minute.

If you don't plan to use sway bars, chassis braces or a longer motor I'd get the exotek shocks
    I like turtles.

RC Competitor
    Exotek Big Bores, very plush and handles extremely well.
    80wt oil, all pre-installed and filled.