RC Qualifier

Shock oil weight your all using?

Just wondering what weight you are using on your blocks? I am thinking of putting in 60 weight.
    I would like to take the car out to the on road paved track and carpet track near my area just to play around on.

Norcal hobbies in Union City Ca.

They have an 1/8 offroad track, a 1/10 offroad track, a paved on road track and an indoor carpet track.

RC Qualifier
    Curious to see responses from regular racers. I run 60wt on and offroad (just bashing I guess, no proper races). I'm about to start going stiffer springs for road use so was thinking of picking up maybe 80wt.
    The prototype project.

RC Champion
    I''m kinda curious here too, my Fiesta is completely stock other than electronics and was going to wait till my stiffer springs come in to try thicker oil. I'm also thinking about putting thicker oil in the diffs (maybe 500k in the front and Diff Lock in the rear), but I've been too lazy to tear the car apart to do it yet
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    i have 80 weight in mine and tried driving at norcal hobbies with stock tires. I couldn't even make it around the track my car kept sliding around and spinning. I need to try to put some different tires on it and give it another test.

RC Champion
    Did it seem wobbly or want to squirm back and forth with that oil in it?
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    It doens't feel too wobbley for me, i think it's just the tires I have on there. I put a set of hpi tdrifts on and it drifted like a champ, a lot better then stock oil. No matter what I do or changes I make to the car at high speeeds the car just tends to want to flip over. I'm curious what it would be like to change out the whole suspension.

RC Qualifier
    I just put in 60 weight on the front, doesn't seem to make that much of a difference?

RC Qualifier
    60wt shouldn't be very different as that's what these cars come with out of the box.
    The prototype project.

RC Qualifier
    I should have read the instructions before I changed out the oil in the front shocks, I ll try 80 wt and see what happens.

RC Champion
    I've got 60 in my Fiesta with the big VXL in it, it seemed stiffer, but not by much, luckily I have some 80wt that I can thrown in it if I don't like how it drives with the 60wt.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sofreshkicks View Post
    i have 80 weight in mine and tried driving at norcal hobbies with stock tires. I couldn't even make it around the track my car kept sliding around and spinning. I need to try to put some different tires on it and give it another test.
    I had the same problem at NorCal Hobbies, but picked up some tires that came premounted (paid 6 bucks a set so theyre obviously nothing special) and they gripped way too much, on the outdoor road track though the soft rubber on the replacement tires was awesome. still trying to get a hang of the indoor track

actually im still trying to get used to the car alltogether, i came from the slash (bash n crash) world.