RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar

EXTREME cogging, can't even move.

Hey guys, so I was putting together my Pede 4x4 over the weekend and ran over a problem, cogging. It's terrible, it jerks and jerks all it wants. It will not even get up to speed of a roll, because it jerks terribly. I'm running a MMP and VXL motor, with a DX3r. Can anyone help me? I'm stumped, nothing else I can think of to try, I will try a new ESC but I just used this one in another car.

I have tried....
    New Motor
    New Spektrum Receiver
    New Traxxas Link system

The driveline is smooth as butter, no binding or anything.... any thoughts?
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier
    Did you check your motor type and time settings on the ESC? Also are the motor wires the right order?
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had the same problem, had to reset the esc to factory settings through castle link, also did an update of the firmware after that it worked good.

All of my MMP settings are correct, I even tried to restore them back to factory. I have updated the firmware onto the ESC with no luck, might have helped a tad, however I am still having this issue, it's driving me up a wall. Lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    All of my MMP settings are correct, I even tried to restore them back to factory. I have updated the firmware onto the ESC with no luck, might have helped a tad, however I am still having this issue, it's driving me up a wall. Lol

How about the motor wire order?
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

Well guys, I think I have the answer to why I nor anyone else can figure out why my ESC is not working properly, I forgot to switch the setting from sensored to sensorless when I switched vehicles. I was using a sensored motor for racing, then I switched to a VXL but did not change the setting. So my ESC is now done. Luckily, I have a nice MMP SCT that I am not using. I just got done soldering the bullet plugs up, I should have this running by tomorrow, thank God!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    So my ESC is now done.
    So are you saying that by not telling the MMP that there is now a sensorless motor connected actually killed your esc?
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    I know you already solved the issue but I get bad cogging when I use an old 6 cell NiMH battery. With my new 7 cell it runs pretty good. Upgrading to LiPo soon though

Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    So are you saying that by not telling the MMP that there is now a sensorless motor connected actually killed your esc?
    This happens every once in a while and it can happen. This goes to show you, always check your MMP system. It will run perfect for a little while, but then it starts cogging very badly, and eventually doesn't even move.