RC poster

VXL and amp draw?

Curious as to what demands the stock VXl system places on a 2s lipo. Geared with the stock 11t what risk of over taxing and puffing a 5200mah 24c lipo is there? And how does one know if they have puffed a hard cased lipo?

Thanks, Joe

A 5200 24c should handle the VXL just fine. But I would expect 100-120 amp bursts. I've seen really puffed lipo's split a hard case. Did the battery expand?
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC poster
    I can't honestly say if it expanded or not. The case isn't rock hard(theres a tiny amount of give if you squeeze it), but its not that far off the other one. Still completely rectangular an flat.

RC Enthusiast
    Well back to an old topic. Now I know I puffed one, and think the other one might have gone. LVC never came on, and yes it is functioning properly.

If going by the 80% rule am I safe as long as I don't use more than 80% of the batteries capacity? Like is it impossible to harm a lipo only using 80% of it? I picked up a 500mah 30c Orion pack and ran through 3750 in about 18 min. Battery was never warm. Although neither was the puffed one, which i have no idea what remains in it. Joe