RC Competitor

Breaking in a 3.3 PROBLEMS

Hey i just got another 3.3 motor for my t maxx because my old one burned out. It took forever to get it started because it kept getting stuck at TDC. Eventually i got a hairdryer and got it started. The problem is that it idles but as soon as i give it any amount of gas it stalls right out. I leaned it a little from the factory settings both on the HSN and the LSN but i dont want to lean it too much because im breaking in the engine and i want plenty of gas. How can i get this thing working???

Thanks
    -Off the Jump!!-

CRASH

RC Qualifier
    Mine would do this so for the first tank I used two glow plug washers on the glow plug instead of one and kept my ignitor in until it got warmed up
    Pfft who needs a E-revo when you can have a slash!

RC Racer
    Try to give it gas as slowly as possible that worked for me when I got my 2.5r

RC Competitor
    even if i give it gas slow it cuts out
    -Off the Jump!!-

CRASH

RC Champion
    Lean the low needle about 1/8th turn, it's ok trust me.

RC Qualifier
    Elevate it and rev it a little (easy!) to clear it out after starting.

yeah mine was a pain in the but to. lhs said i got one that was really tight. but they helped me get it started. it was running supper supper rich at the factory setting and they said i should leave it like that through my entire break in cycle so that it makes sure it gets alot of lube. i mean when he first started it he had to restart problly 15 times, and it was running rich to the point where it was robbing my power extremely bad. but after he ran the 1st tank through with just enough rev to keep it running through the whole tank, i took it back home, and i have never had a problem starting since, did my break in, and now i give her he**