RC Qualifier

summit or no summit?

hey everyone
    just figured id ask everyone what they think of the summit vxl
    I have a merv, and love it, but seems to be having a lot of problems... maybe just bad luck, i dunno, but when it works, its awesome!
    anyways, hows the summit? it looks awesome, do they all come with the locking diff? and lights? and how do they work for crawling? any suggestions? thanks everyone!

No locking diffs, no lights, no 2-speed transmission. Still, surprisingly capable off-road.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    1/10 scale is the way to go not a speed demon, but who needs speed when you can waterproof the tires and take it in a creek and pond and climb things that no other big truck can...

RC Champion
    A higher viscosity fluid in the diffs should come as standard. In stock form it drives well on dirt, but on any kind of rocky terrain it will get stuck or have a serious loss of traction. If they dont come with locking diffs they should at least come with 500k wt diff fluid. And the low speed cogging does not help at all. But the high speed is great - and so is the overall light weight of the truck.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Enthusiast
    I love mine so far. I've given mine a beating and it still running good

RC Enthusiast
    the 1:16 cars from traxxas are amazing, I have the summit, it runs very fine but I ordered some aluminium parts

RC Champion
    Low speed cogging?
    Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Low speed cogging?
    Yeah, ever heard of it? Try driving at 0.5mph with barely any throttle on the brushless cars.

RC Qualifier
    they dont really cog... just get that whistle noise. i have a merv, its awesome, on any surface, just i was thinking about gettin a summit as well, because they seem more for "crawling" just wondering if they are worth getting, or just basically the same as the merv. i have a merv with the summit tires on it and rpm upgrades, its works awesome, but just looking for a variety. just getting into this hobby, and love it, would eventually like to have a car for each terrain.

RC Competitor
    I absolutely loved my mini summit. It was a great size although I wish it would have had locking diffs. It was a beast on just about any terrain. I highly recommend getting one
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

RC Competitor
    I just traded my kb rally for a 1/16th summit and LOVE IT. I've had more fun with the summit so far on less than one battery pack than I ever did with the kb .
    BL Stampede
    Mini summit
    Cr01
    TL01

RC Champion
    Maybe im jus lucky, but I like to "crawl" my mini, and I have yet to experience any cogging, MAYBE right before the battery hits LVC but I have never noticed it. Glad your enjoyin the summit!
    Everything overpowered...