RC poster

help with spur gear

my stock gear got stripped out so I upgraded to a Robinson Racing steel spur gear and put it in. I tried to run the car and it would barely move, but idled fine. tightened up the gear and same thing. then loosened up the gear and same thing idling fine but moved very few inches. please help

RC poster
    did you install it with a little piece of paper, put a little piece of paper between the spur gear and the clutch bell gear, but first loosen your engine mount screws to raise or lower the engine, this will help you get the correct gap between the 2 gears for them to spin right

Get rid of the steel spur unless you have a hardened clutch bell. Even then you have now moved the weak point of the drivetrain into the tranny or some other place. The spur is plastic for a reason.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    the reason i upgraded to steel was because my spur gear was completely striped out in some spots there were no teeth at all, i have the stock clutch bell, so should i upgrade that to a hardened clutch bell

RC poster
    upgraded to a robinson racing steel spur gear and it did not come with any instructions on how to put it in, and when i went to put it in the gear is very hard to turn by hand, and the motor will barely even move the car at full throttle. seeing that i have no instructions i am not sure if i installed it right, so if anyone can help and has any clue as to why it is so hard to turn that would be great. Also just making sure all it came with was the gear and slipper pad. Is that all it needs or am I missing something.
    thanks for the help.