RC poster

Alligator Clip on Battery pack

just got a super brain 992 charger (only one in stock at my local hobby shop)... but forgot to pickup the adapter for the traxxas battery... is it okay to use the alligator clip to charge the battery... i'm new to all that electric stuff and i don't want anything to blow up or catch fire

thank you

the bottom part clip fit inside the connector and to top part of the clip would be resting on the plastic part of the connector

I'm sorry if that's a really dumb question

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it is not wyse to use the alligator clip to charge the batt, the white connector with colored wires is the balance connector.

RC Champion
    Nope not cool.

RC Champion
    Its ok in a pinch, just make sure you're not charging on a metal conductive surface and dont bump the clips so they might touch together
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Competitor
    see if you can tape the clips on before charging, I would do that incase the slip they can short out. But best thing would be to use the correct plug to charge

also watch it while it charges incase something goes wrong, I always charge in a lipo bag but with your setup you cant and need to watch it

I will most likely do that for my first charge so incase I need to return the truck the wall charger is untouched. Once im satisfied after a few runs I will either cut there plug to use on my charger to change all to deans.

RC Racer
    I was in the same boat when I first got my charger and battery. It will be fine temporarily, but make sure that the two croc' clips don't short. Also ensure that you don't cross polarise.

RC poster
    ok so, make sure red goes to red black goes to black... and clip don't touch each other. I'm thinking about returning the superbrain 992 and get a onyx 235 to be able to change connector easy.

RC Competitor
    This is what I have only used, does all sorts of batteries. I use the alligator clips for my old dewalt battery to charge it, some old electric hedge clipper since I lost the chargers somehow. Comes in real handy. LHS sells for about $75 but alot cheaper online can do up to a 6s 5000mah http://www.hobbypartz.com/skychb6chdup.html

I use this with it to parallel charge a bunch of batteries at the same time
    Last edited by TRXXman; 04-24-2011 at 10:54 PM.