RC Racer

Basic suspension setup (Slayer Pro)

Hey all, I'm going to be adding to my e-slayer build this weekend, mainly the shocks and sway bar kit. What weight shock oil or you all running? I'm thinking of doing 40 in the front and 50 in the rear. Is that too heavy for this truck? Can I go heavier without making the handling out of whack?

I'll also be using the VDP kit with the #2 pistons (metal flaps on top of course). Any reason the #1 or #3 pistons would be a better choice?

Finally, I'll add the Tekno sway bar kit. Do you think it would better to use the light or medium strength bar? The arms are so much shorter and overall lighter then my ERBE, I'm just not sure on some of these things.

I'm used to tuning my ERBE. Never had a SC truck and need some suggestions. Thanks everyone

RC Racer
    I'd run springs that support the weight of the truck well, but let it sag so you have nice rebound too. For the shock oil, it depends on how smooth or rough the track, and the size of jumps you take. The rougher the track, the lighter the oil, or it will skip across the surface. The smoother surface or higher the jumps, heavier oil.

I run 30/20 in my shocks, stock pistons with dbl-purple/dble-black springs. No swaybars.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I should have mentioned that I won't be running the truck on a track. At least not in the near future. I mostly wanted to build this truck as a fun project and to take to my local bash spots. It won't see the huge jumps and abuse that my ERBE sees but I'd like it to handle the rough terrain.

I think I'll do 40/45wt oil for the shocks and just experiment from there with different springs and preload. Where do you guys get the springs from? LHS? I checked tower and couldn't find either dbl black or purple.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteRevo View Post
    Where do you guys get the springs from? LHS? I checked tower and couldn't find either dbl black or purple.
    I got the springs from this ebay store: http://myworld.ebay.com/rchobbyworld...id=p4340.l2559

RC poster
    hom do the p3 rockers handle the jumps and bumps