RC poster

second gear slipping

hey everyone first time poster here, having trouble with my slayer. when accelerating off the line the engine clutch seems to be in good shape and is allowing the truck to accelerate at full speed in first gear, however after the truck changes into second gear it seems to be slipping whenever to much throttle is applied, was wandering if this is the slipper clutch acting up or the tranny. the truck definitely changes into second gear but seems to have trouble holding it there. have been looking through forums but havent come across anyone with the same problem. gunna take it apart this weekend and have a good look but any information or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

RC Racer
    Sounds like a loose slipper. Stick an small allen wrench in the shaft hole that comes through the opposite side of the tranny, and give the slipper nut a full turn or so. See if the slippage goes away.

RC poster
    wow thanks for the quick reply man! was gunna try tightening the slipper before i went pulling it apart anyways but gives me a little more confidence if thats what someone else thought so thanks so much man. ill post the results