Thread: Mustang specs

RC Racer

Mustang specs

im lookin at getting a new ride but cant decide between brushed or vxl. i have several 550 already for spare parts. im not a big fan of the brushed 550 but in a 1/16 car it should do very well and have good speed and power. what kind of speeds do the 550's have vs the vxl's?? what are u running and why do u like it? need some specs on each. thanks for the help!!
    dewalt 14.4

RC Enthusiast
    I would say the 550 titan powered cars do 15-20 mph out of the box with the included battery. To be honest Im not sure I would like more speed without upgrading the tires and handling first. I like my cars to be able to turn well and these little guys just want to spin.

RC Champion
    I love the VXL system.

The only flaw is that it gets quite hot, unless you are running in cold conditions or in the water. The VXL-3m ESC is pretty good.

I run the stock setup with the same gearing and stock Ni-MH battery and the VXL overpowers my MERV like crazy.

Well... I think so. This is coming from a guy who just jumped from a 3 mph New Bright to a MERV... it's going to feel overpowered.

Overpowered is good, though.
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Racer
    I guess both are nice but for 90 less in thinking 550? I have the summit for mud and water so if i upgrade sum day I could go castle.
    dewalt 14.4

RC poster
    I'm a firm believer in the VXL brushless setup. Unless you're planning to upgrade the running gear yourself, why not get the solution with the best longevity and speed? It made sense for me, anyway. I really enjoy my Boss VXL

RC Racer
    yeah i no and maybe i should get the good one? im 100% dutch and sometimes it hard to spend money lol!
    dewalt 14.4

RC Qualifier
    Depends really on what motor you plan on running in the long run. If you want a bug block then the brushed car is a great value. If not then vxl definitely. But u wouldn't run the brushed long term.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded