RC Enthusiast

Shorter rocker amrs and sway bars?

Does Traxxas or anyone else make a shorter rocker arm? I know they make at least one longer but I want to limit my suspension travel and I just can't seem to find them.

I know that HR makes a swaybar set up for the mini revo but does anyone make one that will work, front and rear, on the Fiesta?

RC Qualifier
    I was hoping there'd be something out there, but not that I've seen... think you're the first to bring it up here.

A place to start would be to try rear rockers on the front. It is kind of a pain to build, though, as they have to go on upside down to clear the chassis... which means you have to assemble the shock to the rocker then flip it over and bolt the rocker on. This also pulls the ride height down a little, so you need to shorten the shock limiter (lengthen the shock)... it gets complicated.

I'm working out the geometry for a combination of shorter-throw rockers, shorter pushrod lengths, plus longer shocks. Figure I'm going to have to hand-make a few things... I want to increase the front wheel rate to use more of the shock. (road-race rocker suspensions have the pushrod (input) radius much smaller than the shock (output) radius - the complete opposite of the long-travel setup Traxxas built into this off road truck chassis.)

HR's 1/16 Slash sway kit will fit the Rally/esta/stang as well.

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-17-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    The prototype project.

RC Enthusiast
    IS HR the only one? That's a static part for the most part and will be really hard to screw up but if anyone can, based on my experience with them, HR will.

RC Qualifier
    Only one afaik. I haven't picked it up yet, but the HR kit looks pretty straightforward. Probably not worse off than DIY though it's hard to tell how adjustable the link-to-bar attachments are.

You're walking a fine line with all of that sarcasm... -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    The prototype project.

RC Racer
    HR also makes Rockers with different lengths. The main rocker body has a top plate that the shocks and push rods bolt to and you can swap out the plates with different length plates that they sell. I think they come in either aluminum or carbon fiber.

ROCKERS

ARMS

I think these are what you were asking about right?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I had kind of written those off as off-road long-travel stuff.

Just for kicks, I worked up a graph to figure the basic wheel rate for the rockers. Best case road setup (more shock throw for less wheel movement) is a short - stock Rally - shock, tighter rear-rocke- ish radii, and a longer pushrod. This takes the wheel rate from nearly 2:1 down to 1.4:1.

If those modular rockers can fit rear arm plates on the front "cores" then that just might be the ticket.
    The prototype project.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, that's the idea but I want shorter than stock. I might just have to pick up another set of short rockers.

Thanks for the response on it.

RC poster
    can you post a link to them?