RC poster

Rookie here, having tuning problems!

Hey, i have posted a couple questions before on here and have another unfortunately lol. Well I just replace the carb body on my slayer, the other one had a big crack in it. Ever since I replaced the carb body I have been having problems tuning my slayer, I tuned it back to the factory settings, but it doesnt seem to matter. My problem is that no matter what I do with my low speed needle it doesnt change my idle, my truck always wants to go forward and tires are always spinning. Is there something else that could be wrong? I have no idea what to do, would really appreciate some help.

How is the clutch? If the truck wants to take off when trying to start the clutch shoe and/or spring is broken.
    Otherwise, make sure that everything is buttoned up air tight and start at the factory settings again.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Dont know, i guess i will check that out right now. I wouldnt of thought of that, but that is why I am on here asking questions haha. Thanks and i will post more if I have more problems, appreciate the help

RC poster
    Oh another problem I have also, is no matter how lean i make this thing run, it seems like it is spitting way to much gas out of the exhaust. what could that be? Or would that have anythign to do with the clutch shoes or spring?

RC poster
    alright, i took the clutch shoes off and when i look at it, they are grinded down far enough to where it has grinded on the spring a little bit, could that be the problem?

RC Racer
    Yes. Replace the clutch shoes and springs. The new springs will hold the shoes off the clutch bell so it will idle without turning the wheels.

RC poster
    alright, so I replaced the clutch shoes and spring, but I am still having the same exact problems, car wont idle right, and it is still really jumpy, could it be anything else? Is there a certain way to install them, could I of put them on wrong? I am at a loss

RC Racer
    Sounds like you fixed half your problem. With the carb replaced, if it won't hold a tune, I would check for air leaks.

RC poster
    will do, i also just found out that the screw holes in my engine mount are stripped out and the screws vibrated out and about somewhere, could the fact that my engine is loose and vibrating have anything to do with my problem with the idle or that my truck is real jumpy when it is in idle?

RC Racer
    Yes, the loose engine screws would be 2/3 of your problem. Its a good oportunity to take the engine out of the car and test for leaks. You'd be surprised how it'll pur when the only air is coming through the carb. Hold your fingers over the carb and exhaust port, attach a fuel line to the fuel inlet and blow. Paint suspected leak areas such as the carb, backing plate, or head with soapy water. If you see any bubbles check the o-rings and/or seal with a very small amount of high-temp silicone sealant.

Also like Double G said, since you replaced the carb, check where your needle settings are compared to factory. Hope this helps.