RC Qualifier

3s gearing with stock VXL system?

I was wondering what gearing you guys are running on 3s with this KB fiesta? I'll be running on pavement and stock tires (for now). Just want to get an idea of what to start with, i'll of course be checking temps often. Thanks!! I just got some 3s lipos that im wanting to try out! I also might have a new source for 2s 2200 packs....i'll be testing some in the next couple weeks...
    Castle powered Spartan
    KB Gymkhana
    Rustler vxl

RC Qualifier
    I am currently running the stock gear on 3s. The temps are higher than I like so I have a 24 tooth pinon ready to be installed if the fan I installed does not lower my temps enough.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Qualifier
    what kind of temps are you getting with the 28t stock? What about the pickup speed, do you wish it had more acceleration?
    Castle powered Spartan
    KB Gymkhana
    Rustler vxl

RC Qualifier
    It is pretty fast on 3s with the 28. As far as temps the motor got up to 145 and the ESC a little over 110. I havent ran it since I put the fan on but we will see. I also did Pavementsurfers hood scoop mod to it as well and that brought the temps don to where that before the hood scoop I was about 10 degrees higher on both. On 3s it has too much acceleration IMO. Grippier tires would fix that though.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC poster

im running a 3s 1300 mah with the high speed gear and i did have heating problems to were a was only able to get 2-3 wide open passes before it cutting. after researching nobody has a fan for the esc so i came up with a solution i got a fan for a computer but in order to fit it i flip the esc around, in order to do this the esc has to small taps that have to be cut off in order to be able to flip it around. the reason why you have to do this is because the way the esc is put from the factory the motor cables run from the front of the esc and over the top of the esc. once the esc is fliped around now you have some room to put the fan. i zip tied it around the motor and trough one of openings on the top of the esc. then got and old broken servo and cut off the plug from it and attach it to the fan, then connect it to the reciever. ever since i did this i can run a full charge allout with no heating problems at all and actually a bit more run time almost 30 min. i will post pics of my set up as soon as i figure out how to add pics to the post