RC Enthusiast

Can VXL 4x4 hit 70?

Can VXL 4x4 stampede hit 70mph? if Yes, what is the setup to achieve this? thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracingzone1 View Post
    Can VXL 4x4 stampede hit 70mph? if Yes, what is the setup to achieve this? thanks
    I have seen some videos of it hitting 70mph, not sure on the setup. Pavementsurfer would be the guy that knows the setup, I believe he got his going 70mph with the stock VXL setup, pretty sure those were his videos I could be wrong though.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I did it with a 2x4 and it took a bit of doing. I honestly dont thing the stock VXL system could push the 4x4 to 70mph. But I do believe the castle 2400 or 3800 systems could.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Isnt the VXL a little sketchy of being a big enough system for the pede 4x4 anyways? So making it go 60-70 would be really hard in it.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yup, thats exactly it. its not the the VXL is sketchy, its just that its being used pretty hard in this application so pushing for speeds above about 35 is going to put alot of strain on it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    I believe it could be done with a Castle 2400, 5s, Jaco foams, of course a modded body and body posts for a lower stance, tall gearing, and possibly a wing. It could be done I believe!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier
    In the back of my pickup yep and way past. Other than that why are we trying to take a " monster truck" admitted bashing model to the speed of sound? For $100 or more less a diff model could of been bought and utilized. Not to mention the hours of modding to make the pede aerodynamic enough to achieve 70 with a 540 can. Just wondering why guys try to make brushless rustlers into monster trucks and monster trucks into street demons? It's possible with enough work to push the 4x4 pede to 95 or more if you mod and put in $$$ an mod more but then it isn't much of what it started.
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Racer
    I agree traxxas sells a nice jato for going 70mph.
    Pede VXL