RC Racer

Exclamation yes... im a n00b, POWER set up help!!

Alright, I am new to this and i have been doing research for 3 days but i still havent gotten the aswers im looking for.

I got the slash 4x4 NOT vxl. Eventually i will upgrade the ESC and motor which i still havent figured out what will fit, what is good.

But the question for now is the battery, feel free to comment on the motor

It comest with 1 - 3000 mah. You can connect a second battery it says. So is there a MAX Mah that i can put in?

I was really wanting to put in like a 5000+ mah battery. and than hookup the 3000 if i want more power. So what battery would you recommend high mah 5000 and above.

this any good? 7.2V Tenergy 5000mAh ??

Not planning on going to lipo since the ESC has no low voltage detection.. so NOT YET. Gonna wait to upgrade some other things first.

RC Champion
    Are you sure you bought the 4x4? I know it sound's like I'm calling you dumb, but you may have just the 2wd slash. Did you buy this truck new from a hobby shop? The 4x4 only come's VXL. What color is the motor? There is no Max Mah you can run. You can get battery's that are 10,000mah. Max voltage yes, if it is a brushed motor you can only run 7.4volt pack's.. You can find cheaper better battery's here SPCracing.com. Now for some battery knowledge to pass on, the Mah number has nothing to do with power, or how fast it will go, it is what determine's the length of time it run. Volt's is what make's power. So a 3000mah battery will not last as long as a 5000 mah battery. Were as a 7.4v battery will not put out as much power as an 11.1volt battery. Can you post a pic of the truck? Also a good setup for this truck, going the lipo route is the Castle Creation's MMP SCT 2400kv setup. I run it and love it.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    here is a link to the same exact truck i picked up..

RC Champion
    gto this thread man, I thought you had the 1/10 scale 4x4. Here is the link for the traxxas 1/16 scale 4x4.

http://traxxas.com/forums/forumdispl...-Slash-VXL-4WD

RC Racer
    i dont want to double post, do mods move the threads?

RC Champion
    you can ask and they will, usually they see them and do it anyway's. The info I gave you is still good to use. Except the brushless motor and esc setup.

RC Racer
    yea i do appreciate the help

RC Racer
    I actually going to return this guy and get the VXT brushless motor. Also picked up a Thunder AC6 charger and gonna opt for lipos in parallel. Can the Traxxas 7008 work on a 2200mAh 3S1P 11.1v 20C ? or should i go for 2200mAh 2S1P 7.4v 20C?

RC Racer
    I actually going to return this guy and get the VXT brushless motor. Also picked up a Thunder AC6 charger and gonna opt for lipos in parallel. Can the Traxxas 7008 work on a 2200mAh 3S1P 11.1v 20C ? or should i go for 2200mAh 2S1P 7.4v 20C?