RC Champion

lowering Stk Body

What are you guys doing to lower body??

With the Posts removed its about the right hieght. used Search , found guys were doing it but no specifics

Thanks
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Racer
    I cut the stock ones shorter(right to the bottom of the washer). Drill new holes. Grind the screws down just a hair so they dont poke through the body clip holes. Free quick and easy.

RC Champion
    Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jetlag22...24/DZehwvVe9gQ

This even gives you aluminum body posts!!
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

Going with Traxxas #6727 will work, but it will run you about $6 per mount!
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAVNG&P=7

A better way to do it is to get two sets of Rustler/Stampede battery hold-down kits, all four mounts will run you about $6:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...H=traxxas+3727

And yes, get a pack of Dubro 3mm nylock nuts while you are at it to lock these guy on.

I have been running my truck this way for a couple of weeks and I like it a lot better. The body will see a bit more wear around the body holes and where it touches the body posts. A way to cure this is to put Shoe-Goo around each of the body mount holes and where the body is contacting the body mounts.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Just a side note on body strengthening, the shoe goo works wonders BUT, if you smooth some dry wall mesh across the mounting area of the body and then apply shoe goo, when it dries, it will be incredibly rigid and take tons more punishment without falling apart.

My body is mounted pretty much the same as most others. This is the front. Its a combo of slash 44 mounting bar with slash 24 stub posts. The 24 mount pack comes with 3 sizes to lower/raise the body. I use this same set up in the rear for (some) bodies.

This rear set up is what pave and others also use. Mostly for st applications.

In my case a t4.1 punisher body for a puggy

For the stock body, and I still run it now and then cause it looks so cool, I like it real low
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Thanks for reply's guys. I had some older stk posts that I'll cut down for now and work towards other suggestions

Thanks Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4