Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T-maxx build

haha gooder............
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    next is the steering assembly. this steering is from 3.3 i heard its response is very good. and i have a 236oz servo
    [IMG][/IMG]

all i can say is my steering is good on my 3.3 compared to my 2.5. both have stock servos and linkage. i think you will like it though
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Updates

Fixed the wing mount without any trouble.fixed the wing.....it looks awesome

fixed the Resonator and the RC raven springs, lot of stiffness in the springs compared to the stock ones.

i have a small question, how to raise the wing hight as it is in the same line of my engine head. will small spacers do the job.
    do i need a washer on top of the wing where the two screws fit to the mount.

tried to fit the front brake set up, but hit a snag. the disk is little bigger than the stock one and it is blocking the bolts.
    and the pin for the cup is too small i don't know how it happened but the stock setup was working fine. there is a gap between the brake holder and the cup how fill it?

RC Racer
    sorry to post again...but it really looks cool

it should stick up slightly above the head. plus the body sticks up higher than the head when mounted. so when you have both it protects the engine plenty good. even on my 3.3 wich is longer so you shouldnt have any problems especially on the short chassis.
    Drag It!

see, plenty of protection

Drag It!

RC Racer
    i was worried coz most of the time i would run without the body, the temperatures here are very high and its summer now.

i would still run a body, theres alot of parts that can get hurt super easy without one plus the filter will get dirty faster. all you need to do to keep it cool is cut a hole in the windshield and one in the back to. just like this.

never had a problem with mine as you get alot of air flow this way and its a strait shot to the head. ive ran mine on 95+ days with no issues.
    Drag It!

i also opened it up slightly around the head itself

Drag It!

RC Racer
    hmmm 95+......how bout 110 to 122 in the peak summer.
    i dont go out till its 100 for running my truck

you will more than likely still be fine. get a temp gun and just make sure you dont overheat the plug. as long as you have a good tune you shouldnt. the key is to have a good tune though. without a body if you flip over and hit little branches and stuff it can bend your linkage, catch it and damage who knows what else. where a body with the hole through it like mine will still protect almost everything and be much safer.

dont go over 270 degrees
    Drag It!

Is that a drive cup or a plastic yoke end?
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

Quote Originally Posted by maximus9 View Post
    Updates

tried to fit the front brake set up, but hit a snag. the disk is little bigger than the stock one and it is blocking the bolts.
    and the pin for the cup is too small i don't know how it happened but the stock setup was working fine. there is a gap between the brake holder and the cup how fill it?
    There is a small round plastic spacer that goes in that space. I think it comes with the hex. Your lhs should have it. You may also need a longer grub screw.
    Either you are the Predator or you are the prey

Looks like a drive cup, a stock yoke would not have the through hole.
    If youíre using a cup, the diameter of drive cups where the hex fits will vary from manufacturers, you may be able to use the trx spacer like TP said or you may need to make one to fit. I use a piece of copper tubing cut to length and drilled for the grub screws to take up the slack on some cups.
    If youíre using a cup which one are you using? And is it tapped on both sides for set screws or just one?

You can see the spacer clearly in this pic

I think the spacer came stock on the 2.5R model but Iím not sure since itís been a while. There are 2 different size brake hexes also.
    Looks like you have the one with the larger ID
    Here is the smaller ID hex.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSP69&P=7
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

just seen it the pics of how that onboard temp thing is mounted. jw if there was a reason you did that instead of just getting a little temp gun? it would save a little weight then to.
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Thanks everybody for your help. the hex inner dia was large i found another small one and it fits perfectly fine now.i have to grind the steel disk coz its radius is little bigger then the stock one, once its done i will update you guys.
    any suggestions on the paint schemes for my warthog body...i cant wait to have it,by tmrw it should be here

your rig is looking awesome man!!
    "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life"

its a warthog.......... i say paint it up halo style
    Drag It!

+1 on the Halo Warthog! That would look awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    its a warthog.......... i say paint it up halo style

As for raising the wing up, you could probably add something under the wing but you will probably get some flex there and it may break off then. If you look how it sits flat, I think that is why, so it has more surface area to keep it from breaking off. I think you will be ok with your current height.

I did an brake endo with the body off the other day and it skidded across the pavement on the wing and front body posts. Never touch the cooling head but it did grind the head of the wing screw pretty good.

RC Qualifier
    Whats the zip ties on the heatsinks for?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix243 View Post
    Whats the zip ties on the heatsinks for?
    to save it from the scuffs when it gets flipped over.

guys i think i need some bright colour. or do you think i should do all black/candy red
    almost all assembly finished just need little detailing.

RC Qualifier
    royal blue is always nice

RC Qualifier
    I think flashy bright color will do well. Like a flying oasis! lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    looking good maximus9, hows those stock 2.5 drive axle working for you? if you need the steel ones let me know... i have a set for you.
    Updates

Fixed the wing mount without any trouble.fixed the wing.....it looks awesome

fixed the Resonator and the RC raven springs, lot of stiffness in the springs compared to the stock ones.

i have a small question, how to raise the wing hight as it is in the same line of my engine head. will small spacers do the job.
    do i need a washer on top of the wing where the two screws fit to the mount.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    looking good maximus9, hows those stock 2.5 drive axle working for you? if you need the steel ones let me know... i have a set for you.
    i am still in the final assembly so dont knw how would they handle, the truck already weighs like a ton....
    steel axels i would love to have them.

I'll send it to you. I dont have use to it.pm me with your address again.
    for some reason its missing one drive cups.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 06-16-2011 at 01:31 AM.

I mailed the steel axle today (6/16), so you should recieve it by somewhere either monday or tuesday.

RC Racer
    I mailed the steel axle today (6/16), so you should recieve it by somewhere either monday or tuesday.
    thanks mate....u have been grateful i really appreciate it

RC Enthusiast
    got a few updates on my truck.
    RPM skids and onboard temp gauge.
    trying to tune it lost 2 spurs on it. i dont understand where i am going wrong.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Not sure if you want to or not but, if you drill a hole just below the muffler you can fit that plastic turn down under the truck. I puts the exhaust below the truck and keeps it much cleaner. You also don't have to cut out part of your shell to fit the end through anymore : )

RC Racer
    updates....
    finished the assembly,check out the pics

RC Racer

waiting for the weather to cool down a little to check how it performs....
    the warthog body is still waiting for the paint options, hey can i use the normal paint which we use to paint cars.

RC Champion
    no, you need to use lexan paint or it will flake off. ive tried without lexan paint, and i regretted it
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    You have to paint that Warthog (or Helios, or whatever they call it to avoid copyright infringement ) in some kind of martial paint scheme. If you live in the desert (which by those temps I would guess you do), paint it tan or desert camo. It would be a *beep*ing shame to ruin that body with candy red ! But I'm partial to straight olive drab myself for something like that. Can you believe it, they don't sell that in the rattle cans . I've an airbrush, but I don't have an air compressor so I need to get one. I got an $80 Badger double-action for $20 or $25! I figured I would squirrel it away until I got a compressor, and that was years ago. I had a 50% off coupon combined with other coupons and a certain % discount that was placed on everything in the store. Score!

Then, you just need to fabricate a three-barrel Gatling gun turret for the back and buy a couple Halo action figures. I'd go with a Spartan in the drivers seat and two *beep* jumpers riding shotgun & on the turret.

*Edit* - I forgot to say what I started out to say . Ditch the screws that come with the Tekno mount that are meant to hold the wing on, and go to the hardware store. I got some bolts that were the right thickness for the application that had hex heads (not hex driver heads, but actual hexes to fit in a socket). I then put the screws in going the opposite way, from underneath going upwards (do this with the pieces off the truck, then put them on the wing stays). You then put the wing and any spacers and washer on (as you can get any length screw you want, you won't have to worry about this), and pardon the pun but put a wing nut on to finish it off. The wing nuts will come right off with your fingers if you need to remove the wing in the field.
    Last edited by Petox20; 06-19-2011 at 04:25 AM.

looking good maximus9, i like the paint job on that one. now its time for you to paint the warthog.

RC Qualifier
    ditch the wing, only looks good on buggys to me

how could you not like the wing, you know, at 1st i did'nt like it either b/c its just adding more wieght to the truck but, now i like it alot that i end up putting all 3 of my truck with wings

RC Champion
    Louisiana but originally from Ottawa, Canada
    looking good maximus9, i like the paint job on that one. now its time for you to paint the warthog.
    Its really not about looks, its about practicality..But I'm probly like most where it grew on me and I love the look now. But your right it looks way WAY better on a buggy my body isn't a truck its kinda like the crowd pleaser.
    T-Maxx Predator 3.3
    Shockwave 36

the wings look better on a buggy yes but i didnt put one on there for looks. i kept messing up the head of my engine and i almost put a heavy roll cage on it just because i wanted to protect ti better. but you guys saved me from adding the weight, and waisting my money. thank you for that. i couldnt be happier with the wing. adds more stability on the ground, can control my truck easier in the air, and protects the engine. i thinkg every truck should have a wing but thasts just my .02

someone should make like a cage so to speak that is really round. so that when you nail the brakes it will try and front flip and just roll over and keep going.
    Drag It!