RC Enthusiast

Mamba Max Pro 5700 in 2wd slash

I have a mmp 5700 I am putting in my slash. Yes I know it is a little much but it is what I have. Looking for suggestions on gearing, Not too worried about top speed, I want hard acceleration and a lot of torque. It will be used as a basher and jumper only.

I was using 18/86 in a Rustler with a 5700kv motor. I would think you would need to drop down to a 15 or 16 tooth pinion and maybe a 90t spur in a Slash.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    I had a 5700Kv sidwinder in my Slash and was running 10/58 wich 14,7/86. So since a MMP is more powerfull, you can probably run a 14 or 15...

RC Racer
    I have one geared 14/86 in my son's Rustler and temps are good. Acceleration is awesome. Install a wheelie bar.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Enthusiast
    14/86 sounds good, I think that is where I want to be. How is the top speed is it still fast? Gonna be running it with ******* 5200mah 2s lipo.

RC Racer
    Never sat down and calculated, but it'll be plenty fast.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Enthusiast
    Well finally got the mamba max pro and 5700 motor in. It was dark out but took it to the parking lot across my street with one street light. Could see just enough to realize this thing is stupid fast!! And that was with the stock gearing and power cell nimh the slash came with!! Can't wait to try the 3s lipo in it, thought I would save that for the daylight.