RC Enthusiast

Angry A Serious Problem!!! Please Help!!!

Well 2 days ago i got pretty stupid and took the idea of my water proof vxl system to far apparently... I was bashing and saw a ditch full of water so of course i went for it and then after that it just stop working. The esc just constantly flashes green telling me my throttle trim is off but setting it to zero does nothing.. even tried recalibrating the transmitter but doesnt blink twice for the reverse set. but i took the receiver box apart and noticed it was pretty wet in there. not full of water but enough to know something probably went wrong here b/c the esc in completely dry no water inside so i think its my reciever now b/c i hooked up a xl5 and only got steering and no drive and the same for my vxl... does it sound like my reciever is the culprit and needs replacing??? i first thought it was my esc and almost bought a Castle Creations sct 3800 combo but i am hesitant now... any help would be greatly appreciated!

RC Racer
    if the inside of the receiver box was wet then i'd say you damaged the receiver.

RC Champion
    Take the receiver out and put it in a small cup of dry rice.. It will suck out the moisture. Your reciever might be ruined, but if there is any chance it's just a crossed circuit from a water drop and not actually burnt or fried, the rice for a couple days will dry it out.. Works for cell phones. Saw it with my own eyes.
    You have to bury the item in rice and leave it a couple
    days.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    That sucks, you say it was your first time in water? Makes me want to be more careful. I literally completely soak my truck in hot water after every run to clean the dirt off. So far I have had no issues. Some have this problem while others don't, sounds like a quality control issue and at $385ish a pop it should be rectified.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    +1 on the rice it works.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the help guys! i will try the rice trick for sure! but for the mean time i think im going to just buy another reciever so i can bash tonight! usually i wouldnt spend the money at this time but its FRIDAY and im off soooo o yea time to play tonight!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ive completely dunked both my 4X4 and 2X4 pede's with no issues at all... drove my 2X4 completely under water and there wasent a hint of moisture in the RX box. Have you ever had the RX box open? is it possible it wasent re-sealed correctly? These trucks ARE capable of running through big puddles and DEEP water... they need to be properly maintained afterward but they are capable of this kind of running.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Silica gel is also a very good desicant, in fact it's much better than rice.

Small sachets of it can always be found in shoe boxes, electrical boxes, ETC..

RC Champion
    Rice?? Cool!!
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.