RC poster

Mounting New Proline Badlands For Traxxas Wheels

Hi,

I bought the new Proline Badlands and a new set of Traxxas wheels. I've never glued tires before but did some research on how to do it. I noticed the foams seem huge for the tires. Do I need to trim those? Any other tips so I don't screw this up?

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    I didnt trim mine, and yah they do seem huge. Patience was the key for me. I made sure the foams were centered good in the tire then put in the wheels and adjusted the foams till they looked pretty straight. I was unsure about using the thin tire glue, but it gets in their nice and deep to do a good job.

RC Champion
    i know its two days too late but trim the inside of your foams, cut away enough foam so the bead of the tire sits naturally. then it will mount to the wheel without any issues.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    also if its your first time gluing, don't use thin... it ends up all over your hands. I would recemend medium mabe thick

RC poster
    I used the medium glue and wore gloves which helped. I did have a problem keeping the glue from seeping out of the tire bead and onto the sidewall but the tires seem to be secure on the rims. The Badlands are so narrow compared to the Talons I couldn't believe it. Am I crazy to think the Badlands are no better than the Talons? This is based on off road use only.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I consider badlands the absolute king of offroad tires. Their is alot of multi surface tires and app specific tires. Badland are offroad gold. Dirt bike tread has remained unchange for years because it works, just as badland do. Not sure why your experience is less than stellar, but this is the first time I ever heard an owner less than blown away by their performance.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    i just mounted these same tires on stock rims and didnt cut anything. used thin glue and all went well THESE TIRES ROCK. rooster tails 6' long can spray dirt on anybody around in about an 8' radius.. the best i am impressed

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by -volkinharley- View Post
    i just mounted these same tires on stock rims and didnt cut anything. used thin glue and all went well THESE TIRES ROCK. rooster tails 6' long can spray dirt on anybody around in about an 8' radius.. the best i am impressed
    trimming the foams has been a tire glueing trick that racers have been using for years, its right up there with rubber banding
    2.2 tires wile glueing. It helps balance the tire and just makes glueing a more pleasurable experience. If you haven't tried it i recommend it.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC poster
    anyone has any pictures of the summit with these tires? i'm interested, but on paper they seem small.