RC Champion

Question some other q's (((not about batteries)))

any way from my account im back lol and seem to be geting a mustang in the middle of june if thing's go right and with my acc being gone i've botteled some questions so here are some questions about the mustang or the line up with the same tires

(1)how well dose the car handle with the mmp sct combo i plan to adventualy run it at 4s or 3s in paralel when money comes around so over kill or ok ?
    iplan to make it a dragster( h ya)
    i know about the the shell problem(2) could you mount the revo wing on it with cuting the shell.. im guessing so
    (3)so draging it down the street what shocks/sway bar should i get
    (4) if decided to go the other side as in run time what could i do other than spc 2s in parelel
    (5)should i get a stainless steel screw kit im lazy any maintinance i want to do is bearings but still i fail at that i still need a summit bearing kit lol

so those are my questions any answers would be apreciated and pics don't know why

RC Qualifier
    I can't give much advise as I run a big block revo on the street but I will tell you that you should maybe stick to 3s and pick out a higher kv motor. I got a 6800kv motor in my revo with some pretty big tires. It was clocked at 43 mph on 2s with 23/55. The system says it can do 3s too.

If you did it that way I think it'd be ratio of usable power to runtime. I mean in the revo people use the highest gearing without heat issues. Their speed comes from cell increase. They also have insane torque with that many cells, breaking the driveline isn't fun besides it'd be a full time job to keep it going strait in a drag race.
    Last edited by TheMajekalBum; 04-14-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Champion
    ya from what you said it makes sense for the drivetrain woulden't hold for long with the mmp sct. but other than that
    i'd try it then if i dont like the system i'll get a stamp 4x4 to use it in

RC Champion
    but if i drive it like that i would do it as a scale 1/4 1/2 mile or just speed run

RC Champion
    eny more coments

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    An MMP/SCT combo is a 2400kv system and the motor will NOT fit. The 3800 motor comes with a Sidewinder ESC and it DOES fit quite well. But, IMO, the best combo is a sidewinder SV2/4600 combo. Thats what in my rally. It fits and the motor is not overkill. Its 600kv more than the stock motor but its a 1/10 size motor (540 size) so it can pull insane gearing for insane top speeds. Yet, it can be geared lower to be controllable. The SV2 ESC is more than enough for this car also. There is no need to get an MMP... unless you want to run 4S... which is a bad idea IMO.

The driveline of the Rally isnt going to live on 4S... its already a bit taxed on 3S. My advice is to look for an SV2/4600 combo and run 3S in parallel. Youll get 40minutes or more run time, youll run cool and SUPER fast with no issues. This system is still overkill in a rally... but its not AS overkill as an MMP or a 5700kv motor...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    what do you mean can't fit cant you use the bb moter mount?

RC Champion
    time for me to find some sv2 thread

RC Champion
    so with the sv2 4600kv how does it work for you and what gearing do you recommend?

RC Qualifier
    I run the same combo and definitely recommend it
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The 2400 SCT motor is LONG... like REALLY long compared to a typical 1/10 motor... its not the diameter that wont fit... its the length... it will hit the top of your rear shocks. The 4600 combo is really the best choice for this application. Its a good mix of power/controllability and cool running.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    thak you guys for your comments

but what about 2-3-4-5?