Thread: Merv esc?

RC Qualifier

Merv esc?

Hey everyone, ok, heres the deal, just got a new esc, when im using my merv, it seems like its heating up real quick.... after maybe 10 or 15 mins, running 2 traxxas series 1 batteries in paralell... no lipo, no 50 mph, not even using it hard, it works fine for a few mins, then the esc will flash red, and just stop alltogether... lol
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 04-13-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Language

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it sounds like it got overheated...

RC Qualifier
    does that mean it wont work right n e more? or just to let it cool down when it does? but it seems to overheat WAY to soon, when i first got it, i could have like 3 sets of batteries all chaged for paralell, and run them all one after the other, and it wouldnt overheat, now it does after like 10 or 15 mins, and this is with just series 1 batteries! thats not right... lol, and its a brand new esc.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    definitely you have to let it cool off between packs, but yeah it sounds weird just after 10-15 min, was it the first run or a consecutive run?

RC Qualifier
    it was after i used up the rest of my other batteries. i have a track set up, its an obstacle course with a little mudhole, and a dirt track on the side, i used my merv to go over the obstacle course, with my half dead ones, put it through the mudhole, and they were dead, so i put my other ones in, and it overheated not too long afterwards, but like i said, i used to use it pack after pack after pack, and no overheating... y is it now is what im wondering lol