RC poster

New Slash 2x4 owner

I bought a slash that has the stock titan 12t. what is a good motor upgrade for this. I on't have alot of money to put onto it right now but I have no clue about what kind of motor or bateries to use. I want more speed to run around the yard with son.

RC Champion
    Don't bother with brushed motors, go directly to brushless for more speed. You can get ezrun kits for like 75 bucks, or the castle SCT system for ~100. They'll run nearly forever, unlike brushed motors.

RC poster
    thank you for your help

RC Enthusiast
    do care about waterproofing?

RC Racer
    For instant gratification, you could get yourself a different battery, say with a little more oomph and run-time, and use that little Titan til it dies, and even then, they're only like $20 bucks to replace, until you get sick of replacing them, or get enough money for a brushless system!
    Slash VXL 2wd Greg Adler
    Rustler VXL-5
    CRF 450 R

RC poster
    ty all for your help. I bought this thing not knowing anything about it. I was told it was a fast electic car. boy was I poed when I ran it. I have only had toy rc cars at the time. like from radio shack. I thought that a high dollar one would rock. anyway thanks again.

RC poster
    The Castle SCT system might be your best bet. Cheap and programmable. It will get your Slash moving in a hurry. I have this system in my 2wd Slash and 4wd Slash. You can continue to use the batteries that you are currently using or you can upgrade to lipo when more funds become available.

RC Qualifier
    I chose to do the velenium upgrade through traxxas for mine---
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by blueteam2010 View Post
    I was told it was a fast electic car. boy was I poed when I ran it. I have only had toy rc cars at the time. like from radio shack.
    I'm really confused by this statement. How slow is your 2wd Slash running out-of-box? Mine came with the 7-cell NIMH (8.4v) and I guestimate that at 'Training' mode, it was running close to 20mph without changing to the included high-speed gear.

My old 'toy' rc goes as fast as I can walk (3mph). The Slash can keep up with cars going at least 20mph down my street.
    R/C Car newbie - Slash 2wd (arrived 4/2/11)

RC Racer
    If you go to a brushless setup, buy some lipo batteries. They can be had for as little as $20 each on online.. Look for hardcase car packs. Only drawback is that you need a lipo capable charger.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blueteam2010 View Post
    ty all for your help. I bought this thing not knowing anything about it. I was told it was a fast electic car. boy was I poed when I ran it. I have only had toy rc cars at the time. like from radio shack. I thought that a high dollar one would rock. anyway thanks again.
    I am to confused? My stock xl-5 Rustler ran great, I even raced it at the local indoor track with the little Titan! It's not that it's much slower, you just have more options with a brushless system! Try a bigger battery!
    Slash VXL 2wd Greg Adler
    Rustler VXL-5
    CRF 450 R

RC poster
    I bought it new and it came with no batteies. I will try to out a better battery in it and see what happens. thanks again everyone.