RC Enthusiast

So i have this, and i want to make ...

Hi folks. So i have this old rustler chassis, ( my first traxxas, 2001 model) and i want to convert it into a slash. I have a slash from before, so this project is just for fun.
    I know the strc extension is a possibility, but i'd like to make it my own, using hard plexi glass/aluminum.
    The only challenge is that i dont know the measurement.How long do my extension have to be for the slash body to fit?

So i have an old rustler chassis, enough plexi glass and aluminum, plenty of screws and a dremel. Give me something to work with guys, THANKS

RC Enthusiast
    C'mon guys. Need seriously help her

RC Qualifier
    the difference in length if i remeber correctly is 1 3/4" i would use aluminum
    Race Rustler 18/84
    http://tinyurl.com/5u8ave

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. next stop - local hardware shop to buy some aluminun

RC Champion
    Mock up the A-arms front and rear, then space it until the wheelbase matches the Slash.
    / 16

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, i will

RC Racer
    I made my own LCG stretch out of 16ga sheet metal, and my stretch was 1.375" (1 3/8"), and it's an identical wheelbase, to my factory slash. You'll love the handling difference, too I relegated my LCG for carpet racing, and aside from my own stupidity behind the controls, it keeps up with RTR SC10's, and Blitzes, and is MUCH less prone to rolling, from a high CG. Mine just traction rolls, because I shaved all of the tread off of the factory tires, and use T1 traction compound liberally. It out handles my ability, and is much better to drive on the carpet, than a factory Slash. For durability, I went ahead, and crafted my top plate to extend under the entire rear shock tower, so there are 4 screws attaching it to the rear on top, rather than the 2, on the STRC LCG kit. I'm yet to stress anything on mine, and I've given that truck quite the pounding, on our local track.