RC Qualifier

Lightbulb 2.2 Wheels and The P4de

So I went to the LHS yesterday to get new wheels and tires. I went with a set of Proline Chisel crawler tire and RPM Revolvers for around $80, not a big deal. I get home put the tires on the rims and glued them. I go to put them on my p4de and the back fit like a dream, but when I put on the front wheels they would not fit it had some clearance issues. I did some research and it turns out that it seems like only the RPM Revovler wide offset rims will work for the 2.2 rims. Searching for a fix or mod to do and I found that you can cut the outer lip on the backside of the rim and it has just enough clearance to work.

Just wanted to post this so other rc newbies wont make the same mistake I did when it comes to 2.2 rims

RPM Revolver Wide Offset or other offset wheels

RC Champion
    There are some instructions and pics in the Slash 4x4 MT pics threads on the Traxxas Slash 4x4 forum. I cant seem to find it now, but I know I have seen it before.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    There's a guy on YouTube (JetLag-something) that did it on his Stampede but doesn't show how he did it.

I'm assuming he moved the camber link to the lower hole and trimmed the top hole off and trimmed the lower part of the C-Hub.
    Last edited by dumbcomputers; 04-12-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Competitor
    You could always use extension. They lower your COG, give you more width and would let you clear. I had FLM wide kit already so I had to drill mine out to fit, but it wasn't that bad, I like the way it drives and looks now. Less likely to flip especially when I'm around 55mph.

RC Enthusiast
    I trimmed the outer top hole off and havent had a prob. I bought mine as a roller and the camber was in the bottom hole to begin with. I didnt realize till after that most peeps have em in da top hole. Im usin revolver wide wheels with wheely king tires and its a blast.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemikemike View Post
    You could always use extension. They lower your COG, give you more width and would let you clear. I had FLM wide kit already so I had to drill mine out to fit, but it wasn't that bad, I like the way it drives and looks now. Less likely to flip especially when I'm around 55mph.

What is COG? Any wide kits fit with out drilling?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by becdino View Post
    What is COG? Any wide kits fit with out drilling?
    I could be wrong but my guess would be " center of gravity "

I am glad I researched this before I ordered my rims and tires the other day. Found the questions I was looking for on this board. Ended up getting the 2.2 wide offset crawler rims and 2.2 masher 2000's. If I wouldn't have read the boards and posted asking questions I would of ended up in the same boat as you.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 04-17-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT