RC poster

Thumbs up New member and my Slayer Pro Video.

Hello, i am Fent. I am new to the forums but have been lurking for a few months lol.

Figured i would make an account and make my first post! I have had a few nice cars growing up (Kyosho outrage, E-rustler, Bolink carpet car, pro .15 Ruster and a Mini Losi-T). I have been out of the hobby for a few years. My rustler was older and loved snapping MIP dog bones and after that and my crappy bump start i put it up one summer and never looked back.

Around christmas i was bored and decided to check out the Traxxas website and that is where i found the Slayer Pro. After i saw it the next thing was finding it! (by the way, it was not easy at that time as i think that's when it came out? lol)

After seeing the differences plus the advanced design of the truck over the old model and what i was always used to (bigger suspension, 2.4 radio without big metal antenna, factory fail safe, ez start, slipper clutch) i knew i had to have one!

I just broke it in recently over the last two months, but quickly decided this is by far the best r/c car i have owned lol! I was so blown away with the quality of the truck and how easy it is run. I cant wait to buy a revo next!

So anyways that is my story. If you want to check my truck out I made a short video also. You can see it at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZDzKyNSrxc

Also, anyone in Cincinnati a member here? I have been looking for a track but it seems like they are all closed!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the board! If you have questions or problems, this is the place to visit! Glad to have you! I'm in Toledo Ohio and there aren't many tracks near me, but I live in the county so it all wide open fields to run on. Pretty much any Traxxas RC you go with you will be blown away by. Have 5 myself! You will love the Revo if/when you get one!
    VIDEO: LOL! Looks like the body has already taken a beating! The neighbors gotta love the roar of that 3.3! Great Vid and welcome again!
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC Racer
    Hello Fent! I couldn't use second gear on the small track I race on, but yours sure does sound cool hitting second screaming down the street!

RC poster
    Thanks, yes i love it. The slipper clutch burned out after the 7th tank (looks like one broke and fell off then it was toast) after i fixed that it was back to being a breeze.

Now i need to sell my other stuff to fund my revo lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
    Awesomeness.
    I think slippers go out when there loose forawhile. I'm 4 gallons on my stock slayer slipper
    Thats a long time. Well it was never adjusted. Traxxas sent me a new one as i feel like it was a defect however. Still bought one from the LHS. I really wish i could find a Hummer body that fit it well enough.

RC Qualifier
    I think the summit body will fit it...might need post extensions but im not sure.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WH20 View Post
    I think the summit body will fit it...might need post extensions but im not sure.
    I just want a hummer body! Cant find any and my LHS said Proline doesn't make it anymore....boo.

RC Qualifier
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Line-Hummer-...item2560abc541

Search ebay. They are out there. I think HPI makes one as well.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WH20 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Line-Hummer-...item2560abc541

Search ebay. They are out there. I think HPI makes one as well.
    I just dont think they would look right on it. I really want a body different from stock. How new is this truck? Seems like they dont make many things for it besides what the revo takes.