RC poster

Shock ? - Traxxas Big Bore or Big Bore from GPM

I'm a newbie and basically learning as I go. Getting started, some advise about upgrades were to wait until something breaks. So, yesterday, a rear shock broke, basically bent. So, I'm looking to upgade to rear shocks. There is a lot of information about Traxxas Big Bore Shocks, but I also found these from Toyz.com, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 Rear Big Bore Red Aluminum Shock Dampers

I like the red shocks the best, they look really cool. But are the shocks from Traxxas better or the same? My intentions were to buy the rears and get the fronts later. Would this work okay? The GPM shocks cost more, but they are aluminum. I was also going to put 50w oil in them. Overall, I'm trying to find out what is a perfect shock setup for bashing, jumping, and having fun.

RC Qualifier
    I would go with the Traxxas. I didn't have those but they look exactly like the GPM's I had on my MERV but bigger. On the GPM's I had the hollow balls popped out all the time and I had to super glue in the retainers but they still came out.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    Neither, get the Proline Powerstrokers. I found them on toadzrc or ya can find them on ebay as well.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Neither, get the Proline Powerstrokers. I found them on toadzrc or ya can find them on ebay as well.
    I agree on those, I wish I got the Power Strokes instead of the Big Bores. Nothing wrong with the Big Bores (Yet) just not as beefy