RC Enthusiast

New body? Ford raptor vs baja bug ?

Hi folks, need your opinion and experience to decide wich body i will buy for my up coming slash project. My choice stands between jconcepts ford raptor f-150 pick up version, former gladiator body and the proline volkswagen full fender baja bug. Im consurned that the wheels would look small with either One of the bodies. Final choice i have to make is colOr, i was thinking a white ford body with shiny black rims vs a aqua blue baja bug body with orange or blAck fenders

RC Champion
    I really like the raptor body especially when painted orange.
    Land of the free?

RC Racer
    +1 on the raptor
    MY SLASH IS READY TO DASH

RC Competitor
    do them both

RC Qualifier
    orange raptor all the way

RC Competitor
    now you got me thinking about doing a Baja Bug . I just did the JConcepts 79 ford f250 body last week . ( my first paint job )

RC Qualifier
    I just finished cutting out the Proline Raptor body and it looks sweet! It has really smooth body lines and fits the truck perfectly. Its my favorite body so far. I'll post some picks after I paint it this week. I'm waiting for some masks to come in the mail.
    I've done the JConcepts Manta body with poor results. I had really bad flaking at all of the angular body parts. I don't know if I had old paint or something, but I did prep the body well and it still flaked off after rolling the truck a few times. I also have done the VW baja bug, which turned out nice. The only bad part about it is that you can't use the rear bumper and when I took it to the track the guys flipping cars kept grabbing it by the body. But it is great for bashing and looks cool with paddles.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks folks, just finished ordering the clear raptor body from tower. Decided to go for the color orange, its so smooth. I will post pictures, thanks for your participation

RC Enthusiast
    should have gotten the PROLINE rapter body, but oh well. thats just me and my scale looks

happy bashing!

RC Racer
    proline silverado crumbles like cookies. very disapointed in their body, jc concepts all the way

RC Qualifier

crappy pictures, but I'm happy the the paint. This is the Proline Raptor.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bcmwake View Post
    proline silverado crumbles like cookies. very disapointed in their body, jc concepts all the way
    And I've had a JConcepts body do that. I think the problem is more with the angular design of the body vs. the manufacturer. I just chose a smoother body and I'll see how it holds up.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Racer
    well you already chose but i say bug! i have 2 of them and love how i can run bigger tires and a wheelie bar out back. that way i keep my stock body and track tires for racing but run the bug and badlands for bashing. now i run in grass with no issues unlike with small stock tires and no fender scrub every bump.

but the raptor body does look great for a sct look still!
    well that cant be good...

RC Enthusiast
    First of all, nice pics folks! Well, i bought the JConsepts pick up version of the raptor, former known as the gladiator body. The body does not cover over the wheels so i can go with any tires i want, its a great bashing body Maybe next time i go for the baja bug