RC Enthusiast

New project; Building the ultimate low budget slash/rustler - need help

Hi, guys. So im starting this new project, i bought in all the stuff i need pluss some leftovers. Im going to build the slash with rustler chassis, without the strc kit. - any one who knows the lenght on those parts, i've decided to make on of my own Also,i need a motor and a esc, i've found some goodies on Hobby_King,I will post links. In the end i need a servo, a cheap but powerful/fast servo, any tip?

EZ-RUN 10t - 3900kv (any other options?)

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=7194

Product ID = 3650-10t

******* ********* 1/10th Scale 60A Car ESC

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...dProduct=14634

Product ID = TTS-60A

Do you guys think this set will work? Im going to run 3s lipos, dont think i will go over 5000mah.

For some reason the links wont work, so i postet the ID number for *********. Thanks
    Last edited by BanditManiac; 04-10-2011 at 03:46 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I have no experience with either but I looked up reviews on both and from what I can tell from the reviews is that for the price you are going to be hard pressed to find something better. My only concern with purchasing these would be company support.

I understand the whole "ultimate low budget" thing but in all honesty I would spend a bit more on a combo from a more "reputable" company.
    just my $0.02

RC Champion
    I'd just go with the Castle Creation's sct 3800kv combo. You can get it for under 100 shipped.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks folks. I live in Norway, so for me buying the castle creation combo i have to pay sky high shipping prices pluss 25% customs. I think i just go for the set up ive showed u, cuz from hobby king i can send my parcel as gift, woooops no customs for gifts my only consurns is the heat problems with 3s lipos and capability between the ******* esc and the ez-run motor

RC Qualifier
    then don't run 3s

RC Enthusiast
    Haha, thats okay. Only thing im missing now is a new servo. Any of you who knows the spesifications of the stock slash servo? im looking for a cheap servo to match the stock one.

I have a couple 620DMG servo's from the company you listed above and use them in a slash and Pede. The servo is faster and stronger but not waterproof.

Let us know how you like the HK motor/esc-it looks like a good deal at about $50.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...