RC Enthusiast

Question 1/16 E-Revos Toasty Motors Running with Two (stock) Batteries...

Hey guys,
    Both my boys have 1/16 brushed E-Revos and we're waiting on the batteries we ordered to show up. I got the connections to run batteries in series and parallel and while they were in school, I put two of the stock 1200 mAh batteries in and ran them in series (Traxxas connections) and while it was SILLY fast, it started to smoke after 5 minutes-and waaay too hot to touch. Stock gearing, stock batteries (7.2V 1200 mAh). We've run them for the past week with one battery each with no real problems, but it seems that it shouldn't be THAT hot after only 5 minutes of bashing.
    My questions are:

1) What's up with that? They're advertised as being able to run both batteries...
    2) Will changing the gearing help?
    3) Should I just suck it up and buy the brushless motors and ESCs for both cars ?
    (my BL 1/10 is on the way here)

Thanks in advance.

S/F,
    Matt

RC Qualifier
    I am pretty sure that they come with a speed gear as my brushless MERV did. I would use that if you insist on running 2 batteries in series. Also keep a very very close eye on temps both esc and motor when running in series as that voltage is the limit of what the esc can handle.
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Enthusiast
    pentec,
    Thanks, but there were no other gears/pinions in either box. No biggie, I can pick up a couple for $6 each, just want to know if it will help (and which one).
    I may doing that BL conversion yet...

RC poster
    u cant run the brushed in series, only parallel. series doubles the voltage, parallel keeps voltage at 7.2, but doubles run time

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesrc View Post
    u cant run the brushed in series, only parallel. series doubles the voltage, parallel keeps voltage at 7.2, but doubles run time
    You're right blakesrc, I fried the motor. Read the manual and didn's see anything about not running brushed in series. Waiting on another one right now.

Live and learn and it's only dinero! Thanks for the reply.