RC Competitor

Just got a summit today

Well as the title implies I just got a used summit today . I couldn't afford one new so I got mine off craigslist for $450 in like new condition with two venom 5000mah nimh batteries, an onyx 230 lipo charger, an onyx 240 dual charger, two duffle bags FULL of tools, extra parts, manuals, motor cleaner, extra antenna tubes, a couple pinions, some different crystals, and all kinds of other stuff. The summit it self is in exellent condition. It's only been run four (now six) times . This thing is AWSOME!!!! for lack of a better word, and HUGE. The only other rc's I have is a Mini revo (hence the name, lol), and a stampede, and this thing dwarfs both of them!! It came with a lipo charger and balencer but no lipos , so what do you guys recommend for lipos?
    Last edited by MiNi ReVo LoVeR; 04-09-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    Castle rustler, stampede, merv, summit,and an s-10

RC Qualifier
    spc 8000 2s
    ???Why so serious???
    JOKER TV

RC Competitor
    Cool, thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    5000 or 8000 just make sure they are 2s...3s or 4s are too much for ur esc

RC Competitor
    Is it worth the $220-$250 to upgrade to the mamba monster? I'm not wanting this to be a speed demon, but I would like it to go a little faster than it does right now. With the stock esc could I use two 2s lipos or just get two and charge one while I'm running the other? I know you said only 2s but I'm just wondering if I could use the two 2s instead of two 3s and so on.
    Last edited by MiNi ReVo LoVeR; 04-09-2011 at 11:19 PM.

RC Racer
    The Summit is not built for high speed, get a mini revo if you want speed, wait you have one. I like the stock motor and setup, it just runs well.

RC Racer
    I feel the best bang for the buck is a 27 dollar dewalt 14.4 and a few gears. You can get up in that 25 to 30 mph range if u want to with out a heat issue. Gen acc 5000 40c lipo in also a great batt and it only 34 dollar at hobbypartz.com
    dewalt 14.4

RC Racer
    Personally, I don't think it's worth the money to put a Mamba in the Summit. Like McDaddy said, you can get the dewalt and get a little more speed, and much more torque. The lipos will help too. You don't want the summit to go to fast on the stock tires anyway, they are very unstable at higher speeds. (check youtube)

For the batteries, you need 2 to run the Summit. If you go with the SPC 8000mah, you will get at least an hour out of them, much more if you are just crawling. For my personal review of those batteries, look >here< Depending on what kind of charger you have determines how quickly they will recharge.

Congrats on the Summit, you'll love it!
    I gots trucks and no idea what I'm doing!

RC Competitor
    I already love it just from running it twice yesterday. I just wish I had a little more runtime, so that's why I'm going to lipo. I didn't think it was worth it to get the mamba monster either, but I just wanted to see what everybody else on here had to say. I've seen the videos of the stock tires making the suspension go crazy so I new if I upgraded the tires would have to be too. The only thing I don't like about this truck is the runtime go I guess when I go to lipos I'll be solving that problem for GOOD!

RC Racer
    Yeah, especially if you get 8000mah packs! Your truck may outlast you in runtime
    I gots trucks and no idea what I'm doing!

RC Competitor
    I doubt it!! I charged my batts 4 times yesterday and the last time I ran it the whole time at night! It is REALLY COOL when you run at night, and your not waisting batt life on the lights! Speaking of lights, those suckers are BRIGHT!!!! I live in a suburb so I had cars going by every now and then and every time they saw the lights they hit their brakes!

RC Enthusiast
    thats to good.....an bout the lipos as biike mike said u need 2 battiries to run the summit the thing with the 2s is that they push out bout the same amount of power as the stock batteries so they wont overheat ur esc 3s or higher is just too much