Thread: random motor?

RC poster

random motor?

I got my bits delivered this morning but the only thing i need now is the dewalt motor.

i had a look around my garage and found a old cordless drill, its a power devil 16.8 drill.

i took the drill apart and now I have got the motor in the car and had a little go in the house. Im using the stock pinion. (the motor got quite warm considering only using in a bit in the house)

Will using this motor cause any harm to the speedo? i dont really care if the motor go's as it only gonna be used till my dewalt arrives?
    Last edited by mickyboy; 04-09-2011 at 05:00 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The esc temps will tell you that quite easily, but really you need to run it normally in an open space; stopping & starting constantly will heat up the esc and motor more quickly than normal ( current surges caused by acceleration and braking ).
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    well i tried the motor (only one 16.8v motor btw)

it is really slow........... :O(

it was just a test tho,

I guess its like running one titan rather than two, (i think the titans are 16.8v)

i think i may have another power devil drill il rip that apart and try two motors much like the standard setup.

the thing is these drills cost 15.00 each so im assuming the motors are most likely a cheap high turn motor.

I want the dewalt...... but il just have to wait.

can anyone give me a rough idea how quick my revo will be with a 12v dewalt running 2 x 2cell 5000mah packs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dont imagine it'll be much faster than with the titans really- dewalt & other aftermarket motors are used as a durability & torque upgrade more than anything; they have massive brushes which last for ages compared to the titans non-replaceable ones. Figure ~30mph or so with stock-ish gearing.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...