RC poster

Which heat sink with fan will fit our truck??

Ran my new 3 Cell 4400 mah lipo on the stock gearing and the IR temp gun is telling me the can on the motor hit 244 degrees. It appears that the motor wires may prevent certain heat sink/fan combos.

Any idea which ones will work around those motor wires or if there's a way to re-route them??

RC Qualifier
    I use the integy motor heat sink w/ fan and just spin the can on the motor plate to move the wires. I dont even use the wire hold down on the chassis

If your motor has hit 244, there's a chance that problems have occured, or will soon. There is no heatsink or fan that will allow you to run a VXL in your current sirtuation, you need to either go 2s, gear down, or get a new motor. The VXL really has to be geared low, like a 9 , to really be bashable on 3s, without to much worry .
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Racer
    I had to move down to 9-tooth just to keep temps under control on 2s, even with a heatsink on the motor...

The velineon system is borderline powerful enough to power the Stampede 4x4 in the first place, so pushing it hard is a recipe for failure.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda Dank View Post
    I use the integy motor heat sink w/ fan and just spin the can on the motor plate to move the wires. I dont even use the wire hold down on the chassis
    Koda, is it just a matter of removing a few screws that attach the motor to motor plate...rotating it...then putting the screws back in??

RC Competitor
    Or you can be like me and ignore the temperatures and make an upgrade to the 3800kv sct once you kill the vxl

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yes, the motor is held on with 2 screws through the motor plate. The motor itself has 4 screw holes at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o-clock. If you simply remove the screws and rotate the motor 90 degrees you can move the motor wires out of the way.

Integy actually makes a decent heatsink/fan combo and their fans are known to be decent quality... unlike the rest of their junk.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Yes, the motor is held on with 2 screws through the motor plate. The motor itself has 4 screw holes at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o-clock. If you simply remove the screws and rotate the motor 90 degrees you can move the motor wires out of the way.

Integy actually makes a decent heatsink/fan combo and their fans are known to be decent quality... unlike the rest of their junk.
    No need for the dual fan version right?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drafeld View Post
    No need for the dual fan version right?
    I would get the two fan heat sink cause you can take one off of it and put it on the esc. That way you wont have to buy the $20 Valineon ESC Fan waste of money if you ask me.

I took the advise of another user on this forum and I put a PC fan (well laptop fan) on the body so I have a total of three fans on my p4de

CC SCT 3800 motor fan on the motor
    Integy Fan zip tied 1/2 in. above the SCT ESC
    Laptop fan in the bed of the stock body

Yeah I know, Im a little paranoid. But it works very well