RC poster

Just got me a 4x4 stampede

This is my first rc car and man it is so much fun! The beast has so much power and i havent even gotten a lipo. Here is a pic of when i got it...

after a few days of off road action...

RC Qualifier
    Another happy customer! Welcome aboard and congrats! You better not lay that dirty truck on the kitchen counter unless you wanna walk around talking like Mickey Mouse

The beauty of this truck is the ability to hit it with a water hose and done! Well, not fully done but you know what I mean.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Qualifier
    Congrats...If you think it's powerful now wait till you try Lipo!!! Night and day difference.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Alright, not THATS the way a truck SHOULD look... hehe. Welcome to the club...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Alright, not THATS the way a truck SHOULD look... hehe. Welcome to the club...
    I couldn't agree more. Dirt, mud on a mans truck says alot about a mans character. It's an addiction. Hope you are ready.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC poster
    Do they sell the lower shock covers for the 4x4 in aluminum? Any good sites for good deals on stampede 4x4 parts?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelspinner View Post
    Do they sell the lower shock covers for the 4x4 in aluminum? Any good sites for good deals on stampede 4x4 parts?
    RPM and Integy make good parts. Everybody seems to think that Integy is bad, though, and made more for shelf queens and stuff like that. I would get RPM upgrades/parts if you want them.

These parts are for the Slash 4x4 and the Stampede 4x4 VXL:

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...s/4xSlash1.htm
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by E-RevoVXL View Post
    RPM and Integy make good parts. Everybody seems to think that Integy is bad, though, and made more for shelf queens and stuff like that. I would get RPM upgrades/parts if you want them.

These parts are for the Slash 4x4 and the Stampede 4x4 VXL:

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...s/4xSlash1.htm
    thats because integy makes bad parts, rpm will last much longer than integy, heck for me stock lasted longer than integy on my 2x4 pede.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    thats because integy makes bad parts, rpm will last much longer than integy, heck for me stock lasted longer than integy on my 2x4 pede.
    OK, thanks for the clarification.
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    No one makes an aftermarket lower shock guard... but theres really no need to change these. They dont take any abuse other than roost and aluminum would just be one more thing to bend. They do fit on RPM arms with no problem though, in case you were wondering.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    just got me a lipo battery!

RC poster
    30 seconds later i did this....

Any recommendations on what to get? I was gona look at the local rc store and see if they had a good deal on a stronger complete axle. While driving around i also noticed that the clutch was slipping alot. ive had the truck for a couple of weeks so i know its not worn as this is the first time ive heard that whining noise. im gona try and adjust it and see if it gets any better even though adjusting it tighter may be even harder on my drivetrain... lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelspinner View Post
    Any recommendations on what to get? I was gona look at the local rc store and see if they had a good deal on a stronger complete axle. While driving around i also noticed that the clutch was slipping alot. ive had the truck for a couple of weeks so i know its not worn as this is the first time ive heard that whining noise. im gona try and adjust it and see if it gets any better even though adjusting it tighter may be even harder on my drivetrain... lol
    When I was driving my Pede everyday for a while when I first got it, I would break 1-2 driveshafts every run. I just got MIP HD axles for a Slash 4x4 and now I am done with it. If the clutch is slipping, retighten the slipper. Tighten it all the way, and I back it out 1/4 turn. A whining noise could also be a messed up gear mesh. Do the paper trick if you are not familiar with what it should sound like.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Champion
    I have that exact same battery as well. I like it, get some good speeds on it. First time I used it and it was my first time using a 3's lipo all together I opened up the throttle wide and almost did a back flip got quite a smile on my face lol. Get the MIP X-Duty kits if you plan on running 3's a lot. I just picked both my sets up for 54.99 each. My LHS wanted 70 each set. Telling ya, the way to go is ordering online when you find the right places and deals. I told my LHS that, they were like " well then we lose business ". Ya well if I bought everything from your LHS my wallet would be bare lol, I would like supporting LHS's but I aint gonna go broke doing it so until they lower some prices and not mark up stuff like %200 or more, my business will stay online.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT