RC Qualifier

Merv esc or motor?

hey everyone.
    I just had a new esc put in about 2 weeks ago or less, it wasnt used very much since then,maybe once or twice. It was working fine, i had it out and it just quit, like the transmitter wasnt connecting with the receiver...i checked it and everything, and nothing worked, so i left it and was gonna go take it to the shop, tried it a day after letting it set, and it worked.... weird, the guy said it mustve been a glitch. any ways, now when i use it, it doesnt have as much speed... if i pin the throttle from take off, it will "quiver" for lack of better words. but if i take off slow, it will go, but not near as fast as it should. im running 2 traxxas series 1 batteries in parallell, for the longer run time. all the batteries are charged, i put new batteries in the transmitter, and still the same. i tried resetting the esc, still the same. i took the cover off over the sput gears, all the teeth are fine, and theres nothing stuck in there. If you barely hold the rear tires and hit the throttle, it just "qwivers" and the tires wont spin...I dont want to have to send it away to traxxas because im in canada and it would be like 4 weeks, is there anything i can do from home?
    also, the steering is getting weird, it seems like it has alot of play back and forth, and the servo doesnt have enough power to cut the wheels unless they are spinning, when im crawling with it and stuff. should i add another servo? someone told me the spring may have been overloaded. how would i check this? and can i fix it or do i have to buy a new servo? will the dual servo's make a big difference?
    and help would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks

RC Champion
    That's really strange.

You sure that your batteries are OK and that the ESC isn't in training mode?

Have you ever driven in water before this happened?
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Qualifier
    yes, ive driven in water quite a bit, had it in the snow all winter, i mean alot of snow! but its never hurt it before....and arent they waterproof?

electronics aren't waterproof..... people liek to think this... but they just aren't

sounds like your esc is fried..... how is the tension on your slipper gear? also, the batteries suck..... mine didnt last long at all before they died.....

you might have fried the esc --- very common.... traxxas really made a 1/18th scale esc, not capable of handling the power the batteries can deliver and the stock motor can pull.... the stock vxl motor is suprisingly a really good motor.....

RC Qualifier
    the stock servo should have plenty of power it sounds like it also isn't getting enough power. I'd go and check out the batteries first mine didn't last long either, if you have a dead pack and a good pack in parallel the dead pack will draw power from the good one.
    I like turtles.