RC poster

the crawler build

well theres no crawler section here so i guess ill just post here

so ive taken all my parts and a spare chassy adn decided i didnt need another racer since i have the ERBE and a Revo 3.3 so i went the other way a CRAWLER REVO or the C-Revo ;D

i started with a revo 3.3 aluminum chassy, left all the stock links shocks and a-arms and bolted on an e-revo tranny, only thing that didnt line up was the front driveshaft as it was 1/2 an inch too short so i pulled apart one of the shafts that goes to the wheel and all was well after a little grinding to the chassy since the new shaft was a little bigger, im thinking my Mamba Monster ESC and a 32 volt dewalt drill motor (no way am i gonna be able to fry this puppy) its got a 14t pinion allready attached to it so all i gotta do is get the heat sink motor plate thingy from the summit and attach it.

Heres some pics

RC Champion
    You could just call it a summit without the plastic chassis and locking diffs...because the summit is a revo crawler
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC poster
    well technically there are no summit specific parts but i guess i could have posted there

RC Champion
    congratulations.... good job, must have been fun to build and hopefully to drive
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRevo View Post
    well technically there are no summit specific parts but i guess i could have posted there
    no its fine you posted it here. The tires are the same ones on the summit...but what rockers do you have on this? from the looks of it it looks like long travel rockers?

RC poster
    well she still needs alot of work, the motor in the pics is from a wheely king and the ESC is the EVX2, just testing the thing out to see if it would even move, still needs weights, locked diffs and proper motor/esc and a couple of tweeks but its getting there

RC poster
    im pretty sure there the next size down from the LT but i dont have it with me so i dont know ;D

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRevo View Post
    im pretty sure there the next size down from the LT but i dont have it with me so i dont know ;D
    get the Long Travel then it will be a true crawler..

RC poster
    ok well looks like i have the P2 progressive on, guess ill swap em out when i lock up the diffs

RC Champion
    the long travel rockers comes with the Erevo... no need to get them , they are in the box allready :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mwi View Post
    the long travel rockers comes with the Erevo... no need to get them , they are in the box allready :-)

lol yah trust me ill take a pic of my spare part container and youlll understand when i say i have everything needed to make a whole new car, probably have 3 sets of LT rockers from the old cars. But i got some more work done so heres some pics

got the LT rockers on, attached the big ole 32volt Dewalt motor, installed the electronics and programmed the ESC to CRAWL

RC Competitor
    need to put your pipe away before taking pics..lol...looks good though

RC poster
    argh, gotta wait 24 hours for the JB Weld to dry in the diffs and then i can play!!! ;D

RC poster
    well the diffs are still drying but i put it together and its got way more travel and the motor has some sick power, so gonna twist somethin in half ;D

Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-09-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Language

RC poster
    woot, nice and sunny this morning in lovely BC just waiting for it to warm up out there and then im gonna go and desteoy some rocks, will be back with some action vids and stuff this afternoon

RC poster
    todays test run

vids will come later

RC Enthusiast
    You should get a roll cage. I would like to see how it compares to a summit?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman123123 View Post
    You should get a roll cage. I would like to see how it compares to a summit?
    totally gonna build a cage/body just need some tin for the body panels, allready got the stuff to make a cage and i dont think a summit can come close to my crawler, only difference is my tranny is 1 speed and its from the ERBE, could you imagine if i had the 2 speed id go from Slow Revo to Super Ultra Mega Slow Revo when i shifted to low gear

RC Enthusiast
    What materials are you going to use in order to make the roll cage?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman123123 View Post
    What materials are you going to use in order to make the roll cage?

Ive got some aluminum and steel tubing, just gonna bend it up and rivet it together

and here are a couple of quick vids, ill get the real camera next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnqMv5GrcZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOz-Yp76o0

RC Champion
    Why does it seem like it has so much more travel than my revo? ive got the lt rockers and everything but it does not soak up bumps that much

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    Why does it seem like it has so much more travel than my revo? ive got the lt rockers and everything but it does not soak up bumps that much
    yah man i cant explain it, theres way more travel than ive ever seen on a revo or summit

RC Champion
    oh i see...the shocks are as soft as they can be prob dont have lt springs on, plus the bigger tires...it looks good man...does that drill motor have like power like is the thing fast if you wanted to go fast or just kinda slow how crawlers shud be?

RC poster
    the Dewalt motor is slow, i dont think it will ever go fast with just 14.8 volts, but if i could feed itthe 32volts its rated for it would probably fly, but its got so much torque i could probably twist off the steel shafts if i had them.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-09-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Language

RC Champion
    So you done anything new with the crawler?

RC Enthusiast
    Watch out, with the extra weight you just might twist something off. Maybe you could find tranny from a summit to use one of these days. Looks good and keep it slow.

RC Racer
    just buy the 2 speed kit for e revo , u ll have the low ratio with it
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!