RC Competitor

rims for proline 40 big joes? axial beadlocks?

was looking at the axial narrow beadlock's. read somewhere that people are having problems with the tires coming apart from the rim. love the lookof these type of wheels. anyone have a bad experience? are there any other manufactures that offer a varity of wheels for this sized tire? not set on beadlocks-just like the look. like the factory rims but these tires won't fit. going to do mostly bashing.alittle speedstuff and crawling. just playing around wherever i find something to climb. upgrading to the 14.4 dewalt+2s lipo's. thanks.

RC Competitor
    Id say go for the axial oversize wheels... For big joes it seems like a good match, they arent beadlocks though.

RC poster
    I run Big Joe's and Axial Oversize beadlock's on my summit and my brushless e max. My e maxx i run 6s and after taping the tires, I have not had one blow off yet. Have had the tires for about 6 months. They should be just fine on a summit running 2s.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jeninjohnk View Post
    are there any other manufactures that offer a varity of wheels for this sized tire? not set on beadlocks-just like the look. thanks.
    proline, axial, and RC4WD are pretty much the only companies that sells rims that correctly fit 40 size tires. Proline and axial sells both narrow and regular size, RC4wd sells mostly narrow sized rimes - proline, at the time, has the widest selection of both 40 sized rims and tires but RC4WD has plenty as well and are more geared for crawling.
    Last edited by noir 522; 04-05-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Competitor
    thanks- i read somewhere- that you should used the oversized-narrow wheels from axial or else the will rub.--any truth to that?

RC Qualifier
    If you are referring to these:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTJG8&P=7
    I run these on my summit with proline moab xl tires and a Tekin brushless system on 4s. Never had a problem. They work great, look great, and I like them a lot.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Competitor
    yepper! those are the ones!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jeninjohnk View Post
    yepper! those are the ones!
    Yeah, they work great for me. Just be careful not to overtighten the beadlock screws. I didn't overtighten any of mine but I hear that they are easy to strip out if you overtighten them. Besides that they are great.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?