Thread: Sand

RC Qualifier

Sand

Me and my neighbor where out driving in the sandy areas, and on one small dune. It was so much fun that I now want to get some paddle tires for my summit. What are some good ones? And are there any other things I should do to it to make it sand proof?

Thanks,
    Zane
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I don't know what's a good paddle tire but mudslingers do good in the sand for me. I can crawl up sand hills in low gear or I can throw it in second gear and fly up them. so far I haven't gotten stuck yet. just my 2 cents.
    summit w/ self waterproofed Tekin RX8/T8 2000kv

RC Racer
    Get the outerwear cover,if they make it which i'm preatty sure they do, and that should sand proof it pretty good. But sand will get EVERYWHERE! lol!
    My 100 post!!
    Not Cal.
    Castle Creations Rusty

RC Qualifier
    Okay. Thanks for the suggestions. I probably won't buy mudslingers, just because I bought rock crushers about 2 months ago. I will try the rock crushers in the sand, and tell you how they work. Do you think proline trenchers would work? I have heard that they grip well in loose surfaces. I was looking around and saw these tires http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNPN2&P=FR , and i was wondering if they would fit on these rims http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVCA3&P=FR
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    those tires you linked will fit the rims, and they would work very well in the sand...

i ran my e-maxx at the beach last summer with the pro-line paddle tires. the tires performed great, but WOW what a mess!! i only had about 1 hour of runtime on the sand, and it required a complete teardown and reassemble to clean out all the sand. the sand finds its way EVERYWHERE! the sand also provides a ton of resistance, so you really have to watch the heat generated by the ESC and motor (especially if you were to run the outerwear cover).

i ended up selling my paddle tires and don't plan to run in the sand anymore... it's just not worth it to me.

RC Qualifier
    Okay. I think I can cope with the sand because I will only be running in it 1-3 times per year, and it is so sandy here that I think I have had any problems I am going to have that are related to sand
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    You could maybe try putting some hpi baja paddle tires on.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Enthusiast
    proline paddlemax

RC Enthusiast
    you can see them in action on the thread i just posted (summit at the pit)

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the suggestions. I got the ones mentioned in post #4.
    thanks for the help guys
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    40 Series Paddle Tire - PRO112300 - Best paddles I have run... and I have tried a lot of them... living in florida sand and water are are specialty....

Those paddles in Action and pictures:
    Pics:

Vids:

Just an FYI

Hope this helps
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power