Thread: Big build

RC Racer

Big build

Took a brand new T-maxx 3.3 and upgraded a ton of stuff (because I find wrenching almost as fun as driving!) Haven't even broken in the engine yet. Should have some non-rainy weather by the weekend.

Now to the pics! (sorry iphone photos so not the best)

Here's a link to thread on trials and tribulations on the build (didn't feel like re-writing everything).

http://www.crawlcanada.com/forum/sho...756#post119756
    morgue

RC Qualifier
    Copy and paste works, man...

Decent build you have there. That pipe is ridiculously loud so hopefully you're prepared for that.

Pick up a set of Lunsford Titanium hinge pins! The Lunsford fit much better and are stronger than stock or whatever RD puts in the kit. Remember there are 2 different sizes of the short ones though, maybe you just mixed them up. I think the front tops are a mm shorter or something... maybe someone else can confirm/deny that.

You and your son will have a great time with the truck!
    "Buy it, use it, break it, fix it" -Traxxas Logic

RC Champion
    where did you get that body? because i cannot find one long enough to fit on my 3.3 t-maxx. as far as the paint you put on it its SICK! Nice nice truck man
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

im digging the tires, what are they? seem to get good traction do you know?

RC Racer
    Nice Build, I will be getting some of those parts for my build this summer after breaking some more stock parts lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    im digging the tires, what are they? seem to get good traction do you know?
    Those tires are Proline Masher's
    Last edited by Maxxismobster; 04-12-2011 at 10:42 AM.

ok, thanks. has anyone ran these? how does the traction compare to the stock tires that come on the new 3.3? i wouldnt mind getting another set of wheels with those tires if they work well.

RC Racer
    Yeah Proline Masher 40 series. Did a run last night before dark and it's just impressive this truck can pull.

The body is the proline F-250 for the 3.3 Revo or E-maxx
    http://prolineracing.com/bodies/2008...50-clear-body/

Pipe is stupid loud, but whatever. Still need to tune it properly but so far so fun!
    morgue

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Yeah a guy i used to drive my maxx with had that pipe and once he started it up, every animal in the field would go running for their life!

The Mashers are a good tire. They're pretty soft compared to the stock Maxx tires but they do perform well.
    "Buy it, use it, break it, fix it" -Traxxas Logic

ok thanks, oh and just so you know from what ive heard those duel exhaust pipes are like a death to a nitro truck. i found a whole adrticle that explained how the pipe is a tune for the engine, and how each section of the pipe worked. ill see if i can find it again and give you the link. but basicly there is no geometry what so ever to those, and they greatly reduce the performance and life of your engine.

RC Racer
    Thanks 08kgraves. I've read that they don't help with performance but since I'm just bashing around for fun it's all good. I still have the original so maybe I'll go back (sooner than later if the engine dies). There's just something super cool about opening the taps, the engine fires up and that twin cone of smoke comes billowing out the back! I had read of another twin tuned pipe (similar to the RD logics one) from a different company but they don't make it anymore.
    morgue

i would say maybe try shopping around on ebay for it then. i just didnt know if you knew that or not. didnt want you to lean out the engine and blow your motor. i was thinking about getting one for mine after i got it until i found that out. heck im not sure but maybe you could just cut part of it off so its there for looks but run you stock pipe or an aftermarket tuned pipe. my roomate has the 2.5 with a 3.3 motor, and its got a aftermarket pipe that goes down through the chasis