Whats a Good Charger

I am looking for q charger that will
    -charge 2 batteries at once.
    -lipos, nihams and nicads.
    -charge, discharge, and condition
    -AC and DC

what are the good ones??

RC Qualifier
    Icharger 206B (or 208B) with paralell cables.

Approx 200 bucks with powersupply. Progressiverc.com or HK

RC Enthusiast
    Not sure I want to use a paralell cable, isnt there charger designed to charge two batteries at once?

Do you have to change the settings to charge paralell, like add up the volts and something?

RC Enthusiast
    I really do not want to use a paralell cable. So far I am leaning towards the super brain 977. The only thing I do not like is there are not battery profile storage.

I want:
    -AC/DC
    -Nihm, Nicd, Lipo
    -Dual outputs (charge 2 at a time)
    -Charge and Discharge
    -Lipo Balancing

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Search no more:

TUTORIALS

Scroll down to the section on lipo chargers & charging; all your needs are catered for within the various options listed
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. You would think they could just sell one charger that would charge two batteries (Nihm, Nicd, or lipo)at once with that could be used via AC or DC power with out buying extra add on crap.

I am just going to purchase the Super Brain 977. One day the manufactures will catch on.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They have caught on, the issue is the components & cost. A dual lipo charger which is mains powered needs one heck of a big & powerful PSU to power it properly, so you would end up with a $500-800 charger & PSU unit which is the size of a small African country. The same applies to a powerful single lipo charger- if you want to do fast charges ( 15-20 minutes on a large capacity 6s lipo say ) then you need a very powerful PSU to go with the very powerful charger, so the size & price become hard to swallow, not to mention all the heat that is generated being hard to shed from a large single metal casing.

Hence, most powerful chargers dont have a built-in PSU- makes storing the equipment easier & you can always replace the charger or PSU separately if you upgrade or need to repair/ replace either item.

Welcome to R/C- a frustrating and expensive hobby for sure....
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    I've got an iCharger 3010b. I use it to charge my Lipos for my Heli and NiMH/NiCds for my truck. I charge my packs in series and can charge two Traxxas 7 cell packs in about 40 minutes, and two NiCd 8/7 cell packs in 15 minutes. I could charge 100 lipos in a 10s10p config if I wanted to. It's the most flexible charger I've seen, and the most expensive.

A bit overkill for most, but I want room to grow.

Here's a vid of someone testing this:

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by david6789 View Post
    I am just going to purchase the Super Brain 977.
    Good call. I have a MRC 977 and just ordered a second. That way, all my eggs aren't in one basket and I don't have to worry about power supply as ArmyofDarkness states.

Good luck.

RC Racer

Hyperion

Hyperions are my favorite chargers.

Hyperion 0616i is a dual charger dc only, so you would have to convert a compuer power supply to make it ac/dc

I actually bought two Hyperion O606i chargers, both are ac/dc , and I can use both or one, if one goes out, I still have the other. Although I highly doubt they will go out anytime soon. The fand doesn't even kick on it runs so smoothly.

The Hyperion 0606I is a great charger. On larger 3s packs, though, can only do about a 3 to 3.5 amp charge. Just sold mine and am upgrading to the Hyperion 0720i Super Duo...should be more than powerful enough. My buddy has a line on server power supplies...I will be running a full 1300 watts when it's all said and done. Should be able to whack those 4 and 5 cell packs up nice and quick. As far as cost goes...the charger cost be about $225 and the dual power supplies around another $100. For around $350 (by the time I add in balancing ports, charge leads, etc) I have a kick butt charger that shouldn't be obsolete anytime soon.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    You can get a Hyperion Duo 3 for $240 Dollars these days and a power supply for under 40 bucks...
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer