RC Enthusiast

Electric motor not in idle when transmitter off

Well... I charged up my battery, plugged it in and took my electric slash out in my driveway. My friend then broke a dog bone in his car, so before going into my garage, I turned off my Traxxas 2.4 transmitter so I wouldn't accidentally throttle it while searching for Allen wrenches, only to find that when I turned it off, the motor ran just a bit above off, or idle. The funny thing is though, when you initially plug the battery in, even if the transmitter is off, the motor does not do this. And the motor has just enough power to make an annoying "whining" sound, but luckily not enough power to actually move the car. I have done this a million times in the past, and it has never done this before. If there is anything you might think I am doing wrong, or anything you know of to fix this, please let me know.

RC Enthusiast
    Main rules for all RC Transmitter on first turned off last!!! Your receiver can pick up signals an possible runaway!! Never have your car on without the transmitter turned on first!!
    Slash 2wd highly modified

RC Qualifier
    Recalibrate. It's possible that when the radio was calibrated to the ESC last time, you were giving it just the tiniest amount of throttle when it should have been in neutral.

RC Enthusiast

Does order matter?

I do realize that the number one rule is to ALWAYS TURN YOUR TRANSMITTER ON FIRST, but when I am in my room (where my charger is) or in my fenced backyard, I tend to take that with a grain of salt. What's the worst it could do? Knock a leg of my desk or pulverize a fence post post at 20mph? I do realize I should be a little more cautious, but I am more afraid of my sister getting a hold of the transmitter (another reason to turn it off).

Also, which do I calibrate first, does order matter? ESC, Transmitter, Reciever
    Thanks for the input.