RC poster

Slash Engine Problem?

hello all im new to the fourms how ever i have a bit of a problem with my slash 2wd
    its a vxl-3s ESC the motor is a velinon how ever when i plug in my 4000mah lipo the esc light automatically comes on without me doing anything at all ive tried to calibrate the esc and the transmitter but no joy on that i had the motor going at one point but it sounded very weird(sound came from the gears) and i havent got it to go since, All batteries are charged, brand new batteries in the reciever. havent got it wet at all and it is the waterproof one with a 2.4ghz radio any suggestions?
    Last edited by brandonf12; 03-31-2011 at 09:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If the Slash is brand new, contact Traxxas and let them know! It sounds like the ESC is defective. Traxxas is good about replacing parts!
    Backslash Or Bust!

RC poster
    its not brand new ive had it for a couple of months havent really done anything to it, its worked just fine up till today
    will give it a go and let yall know

RC Champion
    If the ESC powers on immediately, it may simply be that the button is stuck. Dirt gets in there and makes it stick eventually.

RC poster
    FIXED ARAKON YOU WERE RIGHT we were racing at a dirt track and dirt must have gotten in the button and stuck it oh well all fixed now
    thanks everybody