RC Qualifier

1/16 E Revo shoes

Ive had a 1/16 E REvo for about 4 months now, and my talon 2.2's are horribly bald. Originally, i planned on getting the traxxas 2.2 response pro tires, but i read that they wear out faster than the stock talons. Is it bad to get bigger or smaller wheel dimensions? I really like the 2.8 anacondas but i dont kno if itll be bad for the overall performance of the car. Thanks!

Aloha
    John

RC Qualifier
    Bigger wheels undoubtedly increases the handling of the car. But if you want bigger tires you may have to upgrade your servo, or install a second servo to help with the movement of your steering (bigger tires = heavier).

RC Qualifier
    ok, well, i was thinking of going from the 2.2 talons to 2.8 anacondas like i said, but when i went to my local hobby store, i weighed a pair of anacondas and a pair of proline dirt hawgs (that were made for the 1/16 E Revo) the dirt hawgs wer havier than the anacondas. So now what i am asking is that, will the dimensions itself affect the performance of the car?

Aloha
    John

Dirt Hawgs on the Titus rims make your car "wider", because of the different (larger) offset of the rims. For me that means it is beter to handle. I doubt Anacondas are lighter than the Dirt Hawgs. The Titus rims are a lot more heavy.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    i dont kno, cause like i said, the dirt hawgs felt heavier to me, and i wasnt being biased, i just want the best shoes for my car. and again, how does the DIMENSIONS not weight, of the tire affect the overall performance of the car?

Aloha
    John

I was talking about weight including rims, maybe that was not clear. The Dirt Hawgs are higher than the Talons, which also makes it go faster with the same gear ratio. Hard to judge about the tire size in relation to the cornering, because the rim offset also influences this. I never tried Anaconda's so far. Maybe I will do that later today.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    WEll, i dont think we are understanding each other at all. I was asking about using 2.8'' rims rather than staying with the stock 2.2 rims. How will the different DIMENSION affect the performance of the car. at this point i just wanna kno that. Sorry if im being rude.

Aloha,
    John

RC Competitor
    Heat becomes an issue when your moving up sizes in your rims/tires. Make sure to gear down, to keep temps low. You may need a second Servo to help in your turning. Wider tires on a vehicle means more rubber on the ground. This increases your traction and handling. I currently run the Traxxas 2.2 Dished Wheels with Dirt Hawgs. Here is the difference in size to give you an idea of what you may be doing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Anywhere I go, MERV is with me!

ok, little confused here..... you mention stock 2.2" talons... that is the outside diameter, not the rim size...... rim size ends up being somehting wierd, around 1.9"i believe.... the 1/10th sale rims are usually 2.2" in diameter, not including the tires......

RC Racer
    If you end up running Traxxas' dish rims with tires pre mounted, they feel about the same weight as stock... so you will not have to worry about gearing down. I ran the dish wheels on the stock setup with no heat issues whatsoever. With the proline beadlocks and dirt hawg tires you should gear down... that setup is ridiculously heavy and puts added wear on the truck imo.
    Mini Summit / Rally

Quote Originally Posted by eurofocus View Post
    If you end up running Traxxas' dish rims with tires pre mounted, they feel about the same weight as stock... so you will not have to worry about gearing down. I ran the dish wheels on the stock setup with no heat issues whatsoever. With the proline beadlocks and dirt hawg tires you should gear down... that setup is ridiculously heavy and puts added wear on the truck imo.
    Going from the stock tires to the Dirt Hawg should require a gearing change regardless of the rim used. It is not the weight of the rim that cause a build up of heat, at least not solely. The increased diameter of the tire in effect raises the gear ratio and this needs to be accommodated for with a gearing change.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    If you're interested in the anaconda tires I'd suggest the 2.2 anaconda tires (rear bandit tire), I think they'd look sweet on the MERV.
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    ok, thanks a lot guys! now, will 2.2 anaconda rubbers fit on the dish rims? Ohhh, and do the 2.2 anacondas us the 12mm hex?

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by khanphelan; 04-01-2011 at 02:12 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by khanphelan View Post
    ok, thanks a lot guys! now, will 2.2 anaconda rubbers fit on the dish rims? Ohhh, and do the 2.2 anacondas us the 12mm hex?

Thanks,
    John
    It depends on the rim you use the traxxas dish rim do have the hex if thats what you ment to say above

RC Qualifier
    I really like proline calibers for dirt on dish rimz.

RC Qualifier
    ok cool, thanks for all the help guys

RC Enthusiast

I run the 7171 wheels with the proline Hole Shots. They work great on dirt but will go balled quickly if used on pavement.

RC Enthusiast
    what gearing do you use for those tires/wheels?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by EREVO316 View Post
    Heat becomes an issue when your moving up sizes in your rims/tires. Make sure to gear down, to keep temps low. You may need a second Servo to help in your turning. Wider tires on a vehicle means more rubber on the ground. This increases your traction and handling. I currently run the Traxxas 2.2 Dished Wheels with Dirt Hawgs. Here is the difference in size to give you an idea of what you may be doing.

What gearing do you use?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by khanphelan View Post
    ... will 2.2 anaconda rubbers fit on the dish rims?
    I don't think they will...Looks like they are designed to fit a 1.9" wheel(might fit the stock merv wheel).
    This is a bummer because I have a set of 7171 dish wheels sitting here that I would love to put Anacondas on.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Competitor
    Hi and sorry for using this thread like this, but i have the same "problem", i want to buy new shoes for my merv,
    but itīs getting a little complicated and confusing.
    Does anyone know if these will fit?

Axial 2.2 Rockster Orange/Blue Beadlock Wheels AX10 SCX10 Scale Crawler
    Go Get It Dirty. Like It Never Was.

RC Qualifier
    I used those Anacondas on some TRX deep offset wheels. Depending on the width of the rim will change the performance of any tire. If you squish it onto a narow rim, it will have a taller sidewall but provide maximum grip, however more prone to ballooning.and vise versa.I taped mine and used them for speed runs. They worked well until the tire wore out and the tape pulled through. Lasted a good eight months, being run a least whey three days if not more. I can try to dig up a pic if you want.
    For the other guy, anything with a 12mm hex will fit. Just watch out for shallow offset, typically found in on road wheels.
    Last edited by Mrmerv76; 09-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Competitor

RC Competitor
    Those look like the trenchers but baloony. I am going to get the trenchers, they look pretty grippy.

RC Competitor
    I am going to get the trenchers, they look pretty grippy.
    Awesome wheels.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EREVO316 View Post

Are the wheels on the left the stock 1/16 e-revo xvl wheels? What is the part number of the ones on the right please? Are they offset, i.e. do they make the car wider than the stock wheels? How much wider? Thanks