RC Enthusiast

Integy Aluminum Bulkheads Review!

I, like all E-Revo owners had been having trouble with the stock bulkheads breaking all the time. I tried everything even using a rollcage to add some support to the chassis and keep it from flexing and breaking the bulks. The rollcage helped out some. But when I heard Integy had finally put out some aluminum bulks, I had to get some. They arent cheap at all $95 front $95 rear. $200 bucks for bulks? but I had to try them out. So The mighty aluminum Integy bulks arrived today!!!! I installed them already. My first impresion of them was that they looked pretty tough. The area in the plastic bulks that always fails is the hollowed out area close to the chasis and that area has been replaced with solid aluminum, not hollow anymore. The rear ones went on fine with no troubles, but the front ones gave me a little trouble due to the fact that some of the holes didnt quite line up with the chassis it wasnt a big deal just had to wiggle the screws around a little till they lined up. I went out in front of my house and put them through the first test. I pulled out my skate ramp and went through two sets of battery packs worth of 30 footers onto asphalt!!! And guess what???.................The aluminum bulks passed the first test!!! I must have done about 60 jumps all being 25-30 ft long landings onto asphalt. I even had some bad landings when I would miss the ramp but no damage was reported. And may I add that I did all this without the added support of the rollcage. I must say I am impressed so far. cant wait till this weekend so I can go try the 80 footers at the sandhills. I might take it out to the skate park and try some 50 footers there sometime this week. I will have some video for you guys put together by next week.
    You cant ever have enough parts...

RC Enthusiast
    If you guys have any questions let me know.

RC Enthusiast
    do you know the weight for each bulk head with the diff installed?

RC Enthusiast
    I dont know the weight I dont have a small scale to weigh them but I'll find one and let you know later

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pics!

Neat upgrade, but sheesh, 200 bucks???

RC Qualifier
    200 bucks and the first i gotta do, is dremel the cr@p out of it to fit my LST diffs LOL
    I`m waiting for Meraz to get 1-200 80ft jumps witout breaking, before i go down that road lol..

I am EXTREMELY impressed that the stock diffs and axles are holding up for you Meraz

Great news so far then, looking forward to the movie!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by meraz View Post
    If you guys have any questions let me know.
    yep, partnumbers and where you ordered them from... sounds like a more than neat upgrade :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC poster
    Hey meraz outstanding i am currently in the middle of locating a set of rcmonster hybrid diffs and now i think i am going to buy these so that way i can bullet proof my truck and i dont nearly bash as hard as you do.Can you post up some pictures for us please?Thanks again!

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...14#post4747214

The 1/8 scale FLM alu bulks, are in the test fase
    Atleast they mentioned before, that the bulks would be made for using 1/8 scale diffs.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys just got back from the skate park. I am thrilled to let you know that the aluminum bulk heads survived 25 ft hight 50 ft long jumps!!!! I have the proof. I am uploading a youtube video right now. I did this jump about 50 times. (not exagerating either). My E-Revo survived the day without a scratch. I have finally made him bullet proof. i really recommend these bulk heads to anyone. I cant wait to go to the sandhills and hit some 80 footers!!! I will post the youtube link shortly. Here is the link for those of you looking to buy some.
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...599&p_catid=73
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...602&p_catid=73

RC Enthusiast
    How do you post pics on here without having to go through a server like flicker.

RC Champion
    We don't want no pics, we want the video.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Enthusiast
    Oh I have the video almost done uploading. but I also wanted to post some pics of the bulk heads that I took before I installed them.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok here is the video watch for the fourth jump it is the biggest. Sorry about the recording I had a 10 yr old skater record it for me. Enjoy!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GPliQyyVdg

RC Enthusiast
    Here is a short video I took before I installed them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkH-KjGvS_s

RC Enthusiast
    do you have any plans in the future to take the revo apart to inspect the integy bulkheads....im very interested on seeing how they hold up after a while. im debating wether its worth spending the $200.00 on the integy bulkheads or just replace broken bulkheads with the much cheaper factory parts.

RC Enthusiast
    i see they are on tower already at 89.99... so buying 2 you could get 25 bucks off.. saving a little money at least

RC Qualifier
    If you are a towerhobbie member, you get 45 bucks off a $200 deal.. So those bulks + another $20 in other spare parts, would be $155 in total + shipping.
    If you just buy the integy`s, it will be 30 bucks off, making $150 total + shipping..

The membership at tower, has saved me alot of money. I got a $250 discount on my last order... And the prices are often low even before the discount.

RC Qualifier
    Ok here is the video watch for the fourth jump it is the biggest. Sorry about the recording I had a 10 yr old skater record it for me. Enjoy!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GPliQyyVdg
    Looks like they hav been taken some beating allready! Great job!

Do some more torture testing, and pull them off the truck afterwards.. Would love to see if they are bent, cracked, or if they have slop in the A-arm pin holes..

Are there room for modding these bulks for LST diffs, or are they as thin as the stock bulks where we have to dremel? (around the ingoing pinion, where the screws are on the LST casing)
    Hard to see in youre video..

RC Enthusiast
    If they survive the 80 footers at the sandhills I will pull them off to inspect them. So far no noticeable damage. I will be posting some better videos

RC Enthusiast
    Oh about modding for lst diffs I'm not sure because I have never done that mod therefore I don't know how much room is required. All I can tell you is that they look pretty close in shape and size to the stock bulks.

RC Qualifier
    interesting...

though i guess the stock ones would also survive such 4wheel landings on grass. i am killing my erevo every day on 6s and the only time a bulkhead was broken was at a direct crash with an iron bar...

if only they made aluminum tires :P

RC Qualifier
    I, like all E-Revo owners had been having trouble with the stock bulkheads breaking all the time.
    Not everyone, my year old ERBE is still on it's original bulkheads. You probably bash harder then I do but I'm no slouch. I've broken A-arms, driveshafts, push rods, turnbuckles, and body towers...just not the bulkheads yet. One of the shock mounting holes on the rear bulkhead did strip on a really bad landing on my last run but the bulkhead is in one piece.

No disrespect but is that really 50ft in that video? Doesn't look it.
    Last edited by dumbcomputers; 04-06-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbcomputers View Post
    Not everyone, my year old ERBE is still on it's original bulkheads. You probably bash harder then I do but I'm no slouch. I've broken A-arms, driveshafts, push rods, turnbuckles, and body towers...just not the bulkheads yet. One of the shock mounting holes on the rear bulkhead did strip on a really bad landing on my last run but the bulkhead is in one piece.

No disrespect but is that really 50ft in that video? Doesn't look it.

You Probably dont bash half as hard as I do I would break one almost everytime i went out before I installed the roll cage, and then I would still break one occasionally after I installed rollcage. About the Jump being 50 ft your rignt it doesnt look like 50ft in the video and it aint 50 ft it was 47ft. I would round that off and call it a 50 footer. I always carry a tape measure with me I dont just guess the distance I measure it off. But for your piece of mind next time I will keep recording while I measure. It also doesnt look like I launched 20+ ft in the air but I did. The take off on that jump is elevated about 10ft from the landing and I launch atleast another 10+ft straight up. I try a better camera and better angles and better camera man next time lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...14#post4747214

The 1/8 scale FLM alu bulks, are in the test fase
    Atleast they mentioned before, that the bulks would be made for using 1/8 scale diffs.
    I had an e-mail from FLM telling me they'd be done in a few weeks to a month. That was a year ago. FLM has me feeling discouraged but if they release 1/8 diff aluminum bulkheads I'll be happy about it.
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    You Probably dont bash half as hard as I do I would break one almost everytime i went out before I installed the roll cage, and then I would still break one occasionally after I installed rollcage. About the Jump being 50 ft your rignt it doesnt look like 50ft in the video and it aint 50 ft it was 47ft. I would round that off and call it a 50 footer. I always carry a tape measure with me I dont just guess the distance I measure it off. But for your piece of mind next time I will keep recording while I measure. It also doesnt look like I launched 20+ ft in the air but I did. The take off on that jump is elevated about 10ft from the landing and I launch atleast another 10+ft straight up. I try a better camera and better angles and better camera man next time lol.

I get my share of air. Here's 3-4 seconds of hang time. Dirt there is almost hard as cement, again haven't broken one bulkhead yet.

Last edited by dumbcomputers; 04-06-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    I had an e-mail from FLM telling me they'd be done in a few weeks to a month. That was a year ago. FLM has me feeling discouraged but if they release 1/8 diff aluminum bulkheads I'll be happy about it.
    I hear you.. I`ve seemed to stopped breaking my stock ones after installing the RCS cage, and i`ve god 2 more bulk sets in spare, so i`m in no hurry. But i will most likely be buying them when they show up..